Addison Russell: Wife Beater

SoxAce

56 minutes ago, Tony said:

Seriously, there has been enough smoke around that fire, they need to move on. 

I think they would have dumped him anyway over the winter, but this has to just destroy his value knowing that he could miss a good chunk of next season due to suspension when all of this is said and done.

2 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

I think they would have dumped him anyway over the winter, but this has to just destroy his value knowing that he could miss a good chunk of next season due to suspension when all of this is said and done.

Obviously different players/situations but teams had no problems acquiring Chapman and Osuna, so I don't think it matters to them much 

2 hours ago, Jose Abreu said:

Obviously different players/situations but teams had no problems acquiring Chapman and Osuna, so I don't think it matters to them much 

You are probably right, but at some point it has to turn at least a bit. Let's face it, a roster of 25 guys who have basically had their asses kissed every day of their lives because of their ability to play a game, is probably going to have its fair share of assholes. So it's understandable you aren't going to have a team filled with alter boys. But the line has to be drawn somewhere, and wife beating is a pretty good spot.

51 minutes ago, Quinarvy said:

What did he do?

He was asked about the allegations and he said he never read the blog post and then kind of laughed and asked if he should.   he was asked another question and then said that he needs to have all of the facts before he forms an opinion

On 9/21/2018 at 7:31 AM, Harry Chappas said:

With Murphy now they don't even need him as Baez is a better SS so it will all work out for them in the end. 

Does Baez' "World's Best Tagger" ability translate to the other side of 2B? Asking for all baseball fans. I'd hate to lose that.

Edited by Middle Buffalo

Maddon won't even look at what the victim wrote. It would be nice if somehow, some way, MLB did the victims right with these assholes. But this will all be forgotten years from now if Russell becomes the player they thought he would become. Apparently that is far more important than being even a minimally decent human being.

6 minutes ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

No way.  Russell is a better SS than Baez, and Baez is a far better 2B than Murphy. Losing Russell hurts their defense at 2 positions.

conversely though, their offense is much better at both spots with Russell out.  So it isnt a total loss for them

• Like 1