Sox have "flexibility" to add "long term pieces"

southsider2k5

4 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I'm glad you posted these 2 tweets since I saw it in the catch all also and thought it was appropriate to what we were discussing in the Shields thread. Unless he's blowing smoke up our asses to appeal to season ticket renewals, I'd say he's leaning more to my side of our argument. But the proof will come later.

3 minutes ago, SCCWS said:

I don't think it is too early to say that if they are not more competitive in 2019, Hahn won't be there for 2020. 

Nonsense . He has been the architect of the rebuild for better or worse he will be there until there is proof that it has failed. 2020 is too early for that kind of proof.

2 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

The quote wasn't just on long term free agents despite the title of the thread . "If we see long term pieces that make sense,   The quote wasn't just on long term free agents despite the title of the thread .  The quote wasn't just on long term free agents despite the title of the thread . "If we see long term pieces that make sense, in addition to augmenting the pitching or filling certain needs for 2019,

All work and no plays makes Jack a dull boy. 

"You can't always control when certain players become available," Hahn said. "You can say in 2020 or 2021 we expect to be this, and we know we are going to need X. You can't look at the projected free agent and say that player will be available, much less that player will be a White Sox when the time comes.

Was gonna create my own thread for this but it works here. Reading between the lines, given the other comments he made about pitching and our many outfield prospects, I 100% believe he's talking about Machado here.