Is it hahn, hostetler, renteria, the coaches, or all of them??

whitesoxbrad

The year 2018 - and I do not care if it is a rebuild. They will set a record for the most strikeouts ever, they do not walk, they do not hit, they do not field, the do not pitch, and renteria said in an article the other day he believes all the same coaches will be back next year, only our Whitesox would not make changes. I am sorry as some have said in the past if you are so unhappy watching them then stay away, which I will not, is it asking to much for them to actually look like they  have played this game sometime in there past, they are a total embarrassment. Thank you all for your time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, fathom said:

Short answer, yes to all of them this season.

It is an organizational problem that runs much deeper, the Sox are starting to look like the Bulls in terms of being a massive clown college, so that is not good. This rebuild has to work or the Sox staying in Chicago past 2030 looks questionable at the very least. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

It is an organizational problem that runs much deeper, the Sox are starting to look like the Bulls in terms of being a massive clown college, so that is not good. This rebuild has to work or the Sox staying in Chicago past 2030 looks questionable at the very least. 

See you in 2030 then.

• Like 2

On 9/28/2018 at 9:06 PM, whitesoxbrad said:

The year 2018 - and I do not care if it is a rebuild. They will set a record for the most strikeouts ever, they do not walk, they do not hit, they do not field, the do not pitch, and renteria said in an article the other day he believes all the same coaches will be back next year, only our Whitesox would not make changes. I am sorry as some have said in the past if you are so unhappy watching them then stay away, which I will not, is it asking to much for them to actually look like they  have played this game sometime in there past, they are a total embarrassment. Thank you all for your time.

don't sugar coat it. renteria is a stiff. fire him monday morning. i'm not as down on hostetler. coaches should be axed including cooper. start over and tell hahn he's 81-81

next season or sayonara.

10 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

The Sox are never leaving Chicago. Jesus Christ that's the lamest go to line for those who are unhappy with the current state of events.. it's so damn cringe. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Chisoxmb35 said:

The Sox are never leaving Chicago. Jesus Christ that's the lamest go to line for those who are unhappy with the current state of events.. it's so damn cringe. 

If this team hits the time when their lease runs out, under new ownership, and it has been 20 years of them losing and they're drawing worse than the A's, and the entire generation under 20 has known the White Sox as losers they don't care about, then it could darn well happen and that will be the final legacy of Rick Hahn. So...he better darn well win something with the guys he traded for, because if he didn't, if things in 2 years look as rough as they do now, that's where this franchise will be in 7-10 years, talking about moving because they no longer have a fanbase after such an incredible streak of losing.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, zisk said:

don't sugar coat it. renteria is a stiff. fire him monday morning. i'm not as down on hostetler. coaches should be axed including cooper. start over and tell hahn he's 81-81

next season or sayonara.

Sometimes you have to break up the old boys network. I assume some orgs use certain modern mgt metrics to analyze locate and promote office talent however the memo never reached 35th and Shields. I am sure Theo and Billy Beane would have some insights on this. I personally prefer more of a gunslinger mentality in the field manager dept (think AJ). They could have been grooming someone ideally and I suppose Omar is their guy. I see Ricky more as a teacher-coach kind of talent who somehow got on the manager career track. I do like having a bi-lingual guy which has become important. 

I would like to congratulate Rick Hahn on his 5th consecutive 4th place finish in the AL Central. His first season as a GM they finished 5th, but you  could probably blame that on injuries to Jeff Keppinger.

the AL Central, not exactly a who’s who of $150 million payrolls, and in 6 seasons, 4th out of 5 is the best he can do.. 

Edited by Dick Allen
  • Like 3

Yes, this team is a joke.  2019 will be worse than 18 unless they make massive changes.  Fire Hahn, KW, Renteria, Coop (great coach but statement needs made), trainers, to start.  Sign a real GM who can build his own staff.  There's some minor league depth , but many are injured/not ready.  It really wouldnt be hard to make this team competitive of they signed decent free agents , made some trades as 50% of the teams are in rebuild mode.  We will have another top 5 pick, And lots of $ to spend.  No excuse not to be in 2nd place next year, and oh yeah, the Hahn era has cost the Sox billions in revenue from ticket/merchandise sales and radio/tv deals due to lack of interest in a shit team

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bryank1202 said:

Yes, this team is a joke.  2019 will be worse than 18 unless they make massive changes.  Fire Hahn, KW, Renteria, Coop (great coach but statement needs made), trainers, to start.  Sign a real GM who can build his own staff.  There's some minor league depth , but many are injured/not ready.  It really wouldnt be hard to make this team competitive of they signed decent free agents , made some trades as 50% of the teams are in rebuild mode.  We will have another top 5 pick, And lots of $ to spend.  No excuse not to be in 2nd place next year, and oh yeah, the Hahn era has cost the Sox billions in revenue from ticket/merchandise sales and radio/tv deals due to lack of interest in a shit team

Billions?

2 hours ago, bryank1202 said:

Great analysis, you are exactly correct 

5 hours ago, bryank1202 said:

Lmao. Billions?  Awful.

18 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

If this team hits the time when their lease runs out, under new ownership, and it has been 20 years of them losing and they're drawing worse than the A's, and the entire generation under 20 has known the White Sox as losers they don't care about, then it could darn well happen and that will be the final legacy of Rick Hahn. So...he better darn well win something with the guys he traded for, because if he didn't, if things in 2 years look as rough as they do now, that's where this franchise will be in 7-10 years, talking about moving because they no longer have a fanbase after such an incredible streak of losing.

Forbes Magazine said the White Sox are 14th in revenue. As long as that continues the team is staying in Chicago. This 100 loss team is making nothing but money for the owners.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, WBWSF said:

Forbes Magazine said the White Sox are 14th in revenue. As long as that continues the team is staying in Chicago. This 100 loss team is making nothing but money for the owners.

Yup, the difference between this team and the Rays or Royals is the market.  Chicago is a mega market.  The Sox would be crazy to leave.

2 hours ago, WBWSF said:

They did talk of moving at times. It is understood if they moved another team would come in with perhaps more money and muscle. Some of you might not know that Charlie Finley wanted to swap teams back in the 70's. Others remember the Milwaukee White Sox.