9/29/18 White Sox @ Twins

Balta1701

Rodon wasn't missing bats before the last few games where he has imploded.

Certainly don't expect the Sox FO to meet an Astros, Brewers, As, Braves, Rockies, Phillies (despite the collapse) rebuild timetable. That would mean 2020 (and in some cases 2019) and would be completely unfair.

Edited by GreenSox

6 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

Rodon wasn't missing bats before the last few games where he has imploded.

Certainly don't expect the Sox FO to meet an Astros, Brewers, As, Braves, Rockies, Phillies (despite the collapse) rebuild timetable. That would mean 2020 (and in some cases 2019) and would be completely unfair.

2020 was unfair the day Kopech got hurt. If Kopech was a true ace at the top of the rotation, Kopech in full year 2, Lopez, Rodon, Giolito, and Cease and others as rookies - that's a rotation that could be the best in the league. That's a rotation that could be great. Rodon, Lopez, Giolito, a recovering Kopech, and Cease and Rookies at the back - that could be a tolerable rotation, but it's not carrying you to the playoffs, so you better have a great offense and defense, and we won't. 

So, If Rodon becomes tradeable for the right price next year, that's why moving him is the right move. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

2020 was unfair the day Kopech got hurt. If Kopech was a true ace at the top of the rotation, Kopech in full year 2, Lopez, Rodon, Giolito, and Cease and others as rookies - that's a rotation that could be the best in the league. That's a rotation that could be great. Rodon, Lopez, Giolito, a recovering Kopech, and Cease and Rookies at the back - that could be a tolerable rotation, but it's not carrying you to the playoffs, so you better have a great offense and defense, and we won't. 

Covey has just as good a shot as Giolito at this point...

53 minutes ago, Insp said:

This is what happens when you announce that the entire coaching staff, along with the worthless manager, will be brought back next year.

Total demoralization and a guarantee that next year will be even worse than this one.

Where do you get this crap from?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Baker said:

I’ve had enough of the Carlos Rodon experience. We could have gotten something for him at the deadline. He didn’t fit the timeline anyway. 

He will be a major part of the rotation moving ahead . My concern is if he is injured 

14 minutes ago, elrockinMT said:

He will be a major part of the rotation moving ahead . My concern is if he is injured 

I very much disagree that he will be a major rotation part. If he's a major rotation part, it's for 2021 alone and nothing else because then he'll hit free agency and as I said above, I seriously doubt the 2020 roster. The only way he's re-signable is if he isn't better than a mid-rotation starter, which is what he is right now.