2. C. J. Abrams, SS/GA HS

3. Bryson Stott, SS/UNLV

4. Corbin Carroll, OF/WA HS

5. Michael Bush, OF/North Carolina

6. Andrew Vaughn, 1B/California

Other Players

9. Bobby Witt Jr., SS/TX HS

11. Shea Langliers, C/Baylor

Admittedly, FG has been weird in their scouting reports lately, so take it with a grain of salt. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

24 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

According to FG, which is the only one who has HS/NCAA combined:

1. Rutschman C/Oregon St.

2. C. J. Abrams, SS/GA HS

3. Bryson Stott, SS/UNLV

4. Corbin Carroll, OF/WA HS

5. Michael Bush, OF/North Carolina

6. Andrew Vaughn, 1B/California

Other Players

9. Bobby Witt Jr., SS/TX HS

Admittedly, FG has been weird in their scouting reports lately, so take it with a grain of salt. 

Where is Langliers?

17 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

No pitching in the top 6?  That won't last.

Fangraphs wrote an article about the fact that they're devaluing pitchers just for being pitchers. Any pitcher that would have a 55-60 FV is automatically downgraded to a 45-50 just because they're a pitcher. They are now heavily biased toward position players being at the top. It is their philosophy due to attrition for pitching prospects. Basically, they buy into the theory that there is no such thing as a pitching prospect. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

4 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Fangraphs wrote an article about the fact that they're devaluing pitchers just for being pitchers. Any pitcher that would have a 55-60 FV is automatically downgraded to a 45-50 just because they're a pitcher. They are now heavily biased toward position players being at the top. It is their philosophy due to attrition for pitching prospects. Basically, they buy into the theory that there is no such thing as a pitching prospect. 

Yeah, but if I were a betting man I'd always bet on a pitcher going #1 barring a generational talent like Harper.

Not saying I agree with it, but that's how it is.

4 hours ago, hi8is said:

See what’s Beer has been doing in the Houston system so far?

Yea.. talk to me when he's doing it at higher levels. Great start for him so far, but I've been following prospects a long time here and seen plenty of flameouts too. 

3 hours ago, Lillian said:

For more information and opinions on the 2019 Draft, we've been discussing it in a thread, on the "FutureSox" Board

Yeah 3 threads total. Maybe we can merge all of them here? There is more exposure on the main board in the offseason.

1 minute ago, reiks12 said:

Yeah 3 threads total. Maybe we can merge all of them here? There is more exposure on the main board in the offseason.

Please leave at least one thread by itself in the futuresox forum. The prospect treads on the main board get people who don't follow the farm spouting off nonsense and makes it less about prospects. I like having threads where people who want to talk prospects and know more about the farm and prospects. I spend more time over there then over here during the rebuild.

1 hour ago, yesterday333 said:

Please leave at least one thread by itself in the futuresox forum. The prospect treads on the main board get people who don't follow the farm spouting off nonsense and makes it less about prospects. I like having threads where people who want to talk prospects and know more about the farm and prospects. I spend more time over there then over here during the rebuild.

Agreed.

I'm in favor of just using the all-encompassing 2019 Draft Thread. The rest feel redundant.