White Sox 2018 MVP : Joakim Soria

zisk

4 minutes ago, AustinIllini said:

Both had their struggles.   They'll both be fine.  I was not confident with Tim at the beginning of the year

One really cool stat that tells you where Tim Anderson is...

https://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.aspx?pos=all&stats=fld&lg=all&qual=y&type=1&season=2018&month=0&season1=2018&ind=0&team=0&rost=0&age=0&filter=&players=0&sort=14,d

• Like 1

18 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

Engel and Moncada also in the top 25.  Interesting to see Semien at #3.

3 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

Just wish we would have gotten something decent for him, instead of a declining prospect KW liked in the 2014 draft.

We turned a guy that was so unwanted, that the Dodgers GAVE us Avilan to TAKE him, into a respectable prospect left hand pitching prospect in the high minors.  Joakim Soria was clearly a win for the White Sox.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

We turned a guy that was so unwanted, that the Dodgers GAVE us Avilan to TAKE him, into a respectable prospect left hand pitching prospect in the high minors.  Joakim Soria was clearly a win for the White Sox.

Have to agree with you here. Just wish he had done more like it. I expect a lot of trades and roster movement this winter.

On 10/1/2018 at 4:34 PM, southsider2k5 said:

What exactly does this stat measure?

11 hours ago, raBBit said:

I believe it is how many plays he made defensively that were out of the normal "fielding zone".  So it's basically showing how many extra plays he was able to make due to his range. I'm no expert, though, so somebody can confirm.

13 hours ago, raBBit said:

This is literally from wikipedia...

OOZ reflects the number of plays a fielder makes on balls that were hit outside his "zone". A player's "zone", for purposes of the definition, is considered those parts of the field in which on average a fielder is able to convert half of his chances into outs