Top White Sox Prospects by Position: Shortstops

NorthSideSox72

Making our way from left to right on the infield, next up on our positional rankings lists is Shortstop. Where at catcher and third base the groups were thin and stilted with a big name or two and then a steep drop, this group is the opposite. Not top ten names, but it is in my view a sneaky good group all clustered around the bottom of, or just outside of, the top thirty overall.

Here's the top five shortstops in the system.

Who and how would you have ranked them differently?

That's nice to hear about Sosa, we are finally getting notes about his future after two years stateside. He doesn't walk, but he has had a really nice k-rate, and I feel better about a player like that learning to be more selective (which may play for more power).

As an org, we are pretty well deep on shortstop but still need anderson to be a star.

Anderson

Rondon

Mendick

Mendick to me has a chance to be a saladino. Important only in that the team used to have to pay for saladinos, and now have been finding players like Sally, Mendick, maybe Laz in late rounds. That's good. 

Sosa

Sosa to me is the only interesting SS prospect. Delgado of course could get there if he shows more. He has a nice foundation, is just handling things while young but has a nice hit tool. He could be the one that finds power and takes off.

Curbelo/Delgado

Nice tools, need production. Curbelo next year will be important. We've had players like Adolfo set back for eyars with injuries get finally healthy and take off, hopefully that happens, he will no longer be the youngest in the league. Delgado, just needs to hold his own.

Yrizzari

His goal should be utility guy. But if he can't make it to Charlotte in 2020 he should probably convert.

I am excited about seeing what Sosa does in the coming year.  Curbelo and Delgado are the two other ones I am very interested to see what they can do coming out as HS picks.  Mendick and Rivera are interesting, but a lot less exciting.  More high floor/low ceiling type guys in the latter two.