NLCS: Dodgers vs Brewers

LittleHurt05

19 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Pinch hitting for the pitcher with 2 outs in the second because there's a runner on. Gamble but that's the way the Brewers play. I think this is a weak move compared to keeping the starter in, they've got to get that run home for this to work. 

I get it. Every run counts and the pitcher wasnt gonna get it done.  Chacin was most likely getting pulled by the 4th or 5th anyway, all hands on deck.

Chacín was due for a shaky start after being so good.

Obviously, putting Hader in early is going to be second guessed, but it felt inevitable that the Brewers were going to surrender more runs if they didn’t do something.

Looks like Hader will be able to go at least 4 innings now.

Edited by caulfield12

7 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Chacín was due for a shaky start after being so good.

Obviously, putting Hader in early is going to be second guessed, but it felt inevitable that the Brewers were going to surrender more runs if they didn’t do something.

There will be second guessing of Hader this early, but it will be wrong.  You are losing, you have to stop giving up runs. If a mediocre guy gives up runs now, Hader wont even be needed later. 

Isn’t that Hawk’s buddy George from Windy City Limousines next to Marlins’ Man?

Must be nice to be able to spend thousands of dollars on sports tickets per year, haha.

Amazing play by Taylor in that situation...Dodgers’ pitching held the lead during the Hader innings.  Ironic, our Vandy starter in Fulmer went backwards velocity-wise, Buehler consistently has been 3-5 mph better than college despite that thin frame.

Edited by caulfield12

Listening to Uecker broadcast such a big game in his broadcasting career. He is very good. I notice he has no color announcer at all. He's very good. Strong voice. Professional style, not much offered besides true play by play. I like it though.

p.s. there is a color man! After 2 innings he finally spoke up and said something.

Edited by greg775

On 10/20/2018 at 9:00 PM, greg775 said:

Listening to Uecker broadcast such a big game in his broadcasting career. He is very good. I notice he has no color announcer at all. He's very good. Strong voice. Professional style, not much offered besides true play by play. I like it though.

p.s. there is a color man! After 2 innings he finally spoke up and said something.

51 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

I'm not going to lie....was completely rooting against the Brewers. Can't stand that style of baseball.  Takes a lot for me to root against a team playing the Dodgers.  

That style of baseball is going to get the DH implemented full time.

I read a long story on the opener and  never really attributed it to starters third time through the order being the issue and the "opener" allowing the starter to come in and face the bottom of the order three times before facing he top of the order three times.