Rutherford/ Yelich Connection

CaliSoxFanViaSWside

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

The two work out together in the off season.  I heard Aaron Rowand on a podcast last week talking about it.  Row really like Ruth.

So do I. actually like Rutherford .  I never understand complaints about power in Rutherford ,Sheets, Robert and Madrigal. All I want to see is a sound approach that produces results with gap to gap hitting. I think a young man with a knowledge of spreading the ball around is so much more likely to end up making it . Once you understand the game and yourself and your swing, you can adapt to add power.

On 10/13/2018 at 11:24 AM, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

So do I. actually like Rutherford .  I never understand complaints about power in Rutherford ,Sheets, Robert and Madrigal. All I want to see is a sound approach that produces results with gap to gap hitting. I think a young man with a knowledge of spreading the ball around is so much more likely to end up making it . Once you understand the game and yourself and your swing, you can adapt to add power.

Yelich really didn't start hitting for power until age 24 and big time power this year at age 26. The guys you mentioned have a few years yet before they turn 24. The power may still come, in varying degrees.

On 10/13/2018 at 11:16 AM, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Haha I never saw the Trout Engel comps at least not in the swing.  Yelich and Rutherford look very similar, body and swing and approach too.

There never was a Mike Trout comp for Engel in ANY way outside of physique. Some scout or baseball talent evaluator said he is "physically the closest looking thing to Mike Trout", or something along those lines.

20 hours ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

There never was a Mike Trout comp for Engel in ANY way outside of physique. Some scout or baseball talent evaluator said he is "physically the closest looking thing to Mike Trout", or something along those lines.

Yeah it was a doppelganger thing but even then, trout seems so much bigger than engel in the batter box. I never really saw it.

• Thanks 1