ALCS thread, Houston vs Boston

LittleHurt05

I gotta say this in another thread apparently, I hated pulling Sale there. Boston doesn't have a dominant bullpen, Sale was on a roll, he was only in the 80s on pitches, retired like the last 7 guys or so, he'd given up 1 g*dd*mn hit, he wasn't walking people any more, he struck out 2 of 3 guys in the last inning he pitched.

Unless he asked out himself (somehow I doubt Chris Sale would ever do that barring injury) or he was on a pitch count from the medical staff (no one said so), I'm putting him out there for the 5th. 

These are 7 game series and it seems like the managers are now managing them all like they're 1-game playin sessions or game 7 sessions. Your starter is on a roll, he's literally the best pitcher on your team, it's the 4th inning, you don't need to go to the bullpen yet just because going to the bullpen is the cool thing to do. If I have to answer in the press conference for why I left the best pitcher on my team in the ballgame for the 5th inning, that's an easy question to answer. 

4 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

I gotta say this in another thread apparently, I hated pulling Sale there. Boston doesn't have a dominant bullpen, Sale was on a roll, he was only in the 80s on pitches, retired like the last 7 guys or so, he'd given up 1 g*dd*mn hit, he wasn't walking people any more, he struck out 2 of 3 guys in the last inning he pitched.

Unless he asked out himself (somehow I doubt Chris Sale would ever do that barring injury) or he was on a pitch count from the medical staff (no one said so), I'm putting him out there for the 5th. 

These are 7 game series and it seems like the managers are now managing them all like they're 1-game playin sessions or game 7 sessions. Your starter is on a roll, he's literally the best pitcher on your team, it's the 4th inning, you don't need to go to the bullpen yet just because going to the bullpen is the cool thing to do. If I have to answer in the press conference for why I left the best pitcher on my team in the ballgame for the 5th inning, that's an easy question to answer. 

I didn't understand that move either.

Price has yet another opportunity to wet the bed in the post-season, they somehow got him back the lead.

(One pitcher we know won't be entering here is Workman, haha).   Looks like Cora learned his lesson going with Eduardo Nunez at 3B, too.

Big at-bat here to see if Price can leave the box score with the lead or not.  We can (still) hardly say he's been worth his investment.

Edited by caulfield12

2 hours ago, Harry Chappas said:

I have no clue what the rule is I guess what were people supposed to do the ball was over the wall......ah joe west 

Under baseball Rule 6.01 (e): "No interference shall be allowed when a fielder reaches over a fence, railing, rope or into a stand to catch a ball. He does so at his own risk. However, should a spectator reach out onto the playing field side of such fence, railing or rope, and plainly prevent the fielder from catching the ball, then the batsman should be called out for the spectator's interference." 

Edited by southsideirish71

10 hours ago, southsideirish71 said:

Under baseball Rule 6.01 (e): "No interference shall be allowed when a fielder reaches over a fence, railing, rope or into a stand to catch a ball. He does so at his own risk. However, should a spectator reach out onto the playing field side of such fence, railing or rope, and plainly prevent the fielder from catching the ball, then the batsman should be called out for the spectator's interference." 

It looked from one replay I saw that showed the point of contact could have been over the field side of the wall.