Moncada ADD

whitesoxbrad

1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

He had better hope he is right about the ADD because that isn't something you want to be wrong about. 

I heard what he said live on the radio this morning. He basically said he has trouble focusing and going spacey in the field, and then the host of the show mentioned ADD and I think Bruce alluded to hearing something along those lines, but didn't explicitly say Moncada has been diagnosed, but rather the Sox feel he acts like he has it in the field.

He likened it to Starlin Castro. And this was all in reference to his defense.

Edited by ChiliIrishHammock24

41 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

I don’t think what Levine said was so bad. We speculate about players all the time. Did Gordon Wittenmyer get slammed when he speculated the same thing about Starlin Castro?

I agree. I think he was trying to correlate positional thinking system required between 2B (analytical system of brain) and 3B (instinctive system) with attention span (shoutout to Daniel Kahneman's Thinking Fast and Slow). Its a legitimate point but was poorly expressed.

I heard pitching analyst Eno Sarris on a podcast this year observe that Reynaldo Lopez has frequent lapses of focus and could have ADD. He said Adderal treatment has helped many players. There are currently over 100 exemptions to players for ADD. 

31 minutes ago, Baker said:

I heard pitching analyst Eno Sarris on a podcast this year observe that Reynaldo Lopez has frequent lapses of focus and could have ADD. He said Adderal treatment has helped many players. There are currently over 100 exemptions to players for ADD. 

There is a lot of circumstantial evidence out there that a good chunk of those are basically a backdoor for players to get stimulants with the banning of speed.

44 minutes ago, Baker said:

I could actually see a case for Lopez having it because he always says in interviews that his issue in starts is his focus, which would easily correctable for a pro athlete 

31 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

There is a lot of circumstantial evidence out there that a good chunk of those are basically a backdoor for players to get stimulants with the banning of speed.

Which is odd because because it can have the opposite effect on people without true ADD.

9 hours ago, Jerksticks said:

I dunno I guess.  At 3B you better be ready for rockets

Yes. His point was that 3B is reactionary, but 2B you have to worry about being a cut-off man, covering 1B, covering 2B on a steal, etc. So he theorizes that 3B requires less thinking. 

I wan Moncada at 3B anyway, so if that's the excuse, then fine by me.

• Like 1