Filibuster - Closed

Chisoxfn

Poor Reddy, his race is back in play after it was considered all but over.  Should be an interesting stretch run, with the GOP gaining some traction after the Kavanaugh appointment.   Now it all comes down to 223.  Dems are guaranteed to pick up at least 15, but there are roughly 75 competitive races still out there.  The Senate is going to stay in Republican hands, so more divided government is likely.

At this point, cooperating on an infrastructure  bill (afterwards) is an iffy proposition, at best.

Reddy can more accurately make the argument that 2020 will rank as the most important/defining election for the direction of the country.   This election seems that way to him because he’s right in the middle of the action, the can’t see the forest for the trees thing.

Edited by caulfield12
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Being a decent human is objective. 

I would like to talk to you, and I hope you respond to my PMs, but this is a depressingly parochial viewpoint. I'm trying to play by Quinarvy's rules, but it's actually possible for decent people to come to opposing solutions as to how to solve a problem and find justice. Suggesting that there is only one way and that everyone else is motivated by evil is both cynical and immature. And to boot, it probably won't solve any problems because people are rarely motivated to change their ways by being called assholes.

Just now, The Sir said:

I would like to talk to you, and I hope you respond to my PMs, but this is a depressingly parochial viewpoint. I'm trying to play by Quinarvy's rules, but it's actually possible for decent people to come to opposing solutions as to how to solve a problem and find justice. Suggesting that there is only one way and that everyone else is motivated by evil is both cynical and immature. And to boot, it probably won't solve any problems because people are rarely motivated to change their ways by being called assholes.

I want to let you know thank you, and my best friend in the whole world is staunchly opposed to my politics, and we try to discuss stuff a lot. It doesn't phase me and I'm glad to have a candid conversation about it. 

6 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I want to let you know thank you, and my best friend in the whole world is staunchly opposed to my politics, and we try to discuss stuff a lot. It doesn't phase me and I'm glad to have a candid conversation about it. 

I'm glad to hear that, and I hope that friendship reminds you of the benevolence of most people's motives. Very few people in history are/were politically motivated by anything other than the good of the world, which is absolutely subjective. You want what's best for the world, and so do I- just in different ways. Please keep that in mind.

4 minutes ago, The Sir said:

I'm glad to hear that, and I hope that friendship reminds you of the benevolence of most people's motives. Very few people in history are/were politically motivated by anything other than the good of the world, which is absolutely subjective. You want what's best for the world, and so do I- just in different ways. Please keep that in mind.

That is where you and I disagree.  I believe certain things are non-negotiable and basic human rights. 

The big difference is for some things where a general GOP voter would see freedom, I see oppression and vice versa. 

Edited by Jack Parkman