Market/Financial Thread

Chisoxfn

3 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

BTC was down over 10% today, about 30% from its highs now.  Last I heard they wanted a retest of 40k to hold that level but they never got it.

Hence a good buying opportunity. Like Ethereum just as much as Bitcoin. It's been fluctuating between 30 and 40k since it really took off. Assume that continues, but if there is something like a 2k stimulus check that passes, it should surge again. Our market is in dire straits.

• Like 1

Just now, Pal said:

Hence a good buying opportunity. Like Ethereum just as much as Bitcoin. It's been fluctuating between 30 and 40k since it really took off. Assume that continues, but if there is something like a 2k stimulus check that passes, it should surge again. Our market is in dire straits.

Honestly most of the market movement today was a response to the battle over GME and co, both in stocks and BTC.  Once it settles out, there is plenty of momentum to be had from the same forces being freed up.  The markets will soak up the lions share of that investment money.

4 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Honestly most of the market movement today was a response to the battle over GME and co, both in stocks and BTC.  Once it settles out, there is plenty of momentum to be had from the same forces being freed up.  The markets will soak up the lions share of that investment money.

Hope so. Not confident in the market these days.

One more thing I want to throw out there for the masses.  A bunch of hedge funds deciding to do the same trades at the same time because of the same fundamentals is not illegal or market manipulation.  A bunch of people getting together to coordinate the same action in the same stock at the same time IS market manipulation and is illegal.  It is the coordination and communications to organize that coordination which are the key's here.

People can argue about if it is right or wrong, but that is the way the rules are written as they stand today.  From the POV of an exchange or market maker, there is actually grounds for trading halts, and even more so than that, SEC investigations for market manipulations.

"I meet these people they call them 'the elite.' These people. I look at them, I say, 'That's elite?' We got more money, we got more brains, we got better houses, apartments, we got nicer boats, we're smarter than they are, and they say they're elite? We're the elite. You're the elite. We're the elite."

"So I said the other day, let's keep calling these people—and let's face it, they've been stone-cold losers, the elite, the elite—so let them keep calling themselves the elite. But we're going to call ourselves—and remember you are indeed, you work harder, but you are indeed smarter than them—let's call ourselves from now on the super-elite. We're the super-elite.”

Quote unknown, haha?   Whose side would Ayn Rand and Alan Greenspan be on here, exactly?

Just now, mqr said:

WSB just got put on private. We're probably in the end game here. 

Let’s just hope half the world isn’t finger-clicked out of existence.

And wonder if the guy with $22 million off a $50,000 gamble is still sitting pretty with all that money...did he get out or go truly insane and double down again?

Or will legal consequences eventually do him in as he gets made an example out of by the good ‘ol boys club?

9 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

And wonder if the guy with $22 million off a $50,000 gamble is still sitting pretty with all that money...did he get out or go truly insane and double down again?

Or will legal consequences eventually do him in as he gets made an example out of by the good ‘ol boys club?

I am going to bet he gets charged.

1 hour ago, caulfield12 said:

He paid 750k for those positions.  But still, insane. Idk how he had the balls to hang on this long. I would have sold at like $30.

1 hour ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

He paid 750k for those positions.  But still, insane. Idk how he had the balls to hang on this long. I would have sold at like $30.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/27/tech/reddit-wallstreetbets-private-gamestop/index.html

They’re claiming everything the last 24 hours (going dark/private) is unconnected to Reddit itself.

Tomorrow could be one of the strangest days ever. If you want to watch the stocks are GME and AMC. Nokia, Bed Bath Beyond and Blackberry may also be strange, but GME and AMC seem to be the battlegrounds.

I put very little in but will hold for solidarity. While I don't think this is legitimate, the financial industry has gotten away with stuff on the backs of regular people. 

It most likely will be a slaughter, but at least I can say I was there.

3 minutes ago, Soxbadger said:

Tomorrow could be one of the strangest days ever. If you want to watch the stocks are GME and AMC. Nokia, Bed Bath Beyond and Blackberry may also be strange, but GME and AMC seem to be the battlegrounds.

I put very little in but will hold for solidarity. While I don't think this is legitimate, the financial industry has gotten away with stuff on the backs of regular people. 

It most likely will be a slaughter, but at least I can say I was there.

Pretty much the same, though I sold AMC once I learned it’s not as exposed as GME.  Made really good money on it in 24 hours so I’m happy, I may buy in again later if it’s looking good/has a good dip to buy.

Ive got 19 shares now in GME, I think Friday will be the day but this could be really fun.  It could also be a disaster, but my position is truly fun money to see what could happen.