Market/Financial Thread

Chisoxfn

2 minutes ago, Soxbadger said:

$350 now haha

I bought a crude ETF a couple of days after it went negative and pretty much doubled that.  I sold off part of it, and found an option series in this to day trade.  Going to just try to pick off like $50 a round turn.  It is so active, yet is pretty well range bound.

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

I bought a crude ETF a couple of days after it went negative and pretty much doubled that.  I sold off part of it, and found an option series in this to day trade.  Going to just try to pick off like $50 a round turn.  It is so active, yet is pretty well range bound.

I put a little into AMC for the laughs. 

1 minute ago, turnin' two said:

AMC has really leveled off after moving a ton in pre-hours trading.

Institutions have to be dumping crazy. Its like a war right now.

Its over 690 mil volume. That means in the last 15 minutes 40mil shares have been traded. That is the normal daily average. I dont think that normal people can beat back this type of sell off. 

2 minutes ago, Soxbadger said:

Its over 690 mil volume. That means in the last 15 minutes 40mil shares have been traded. That is the normal daily average. I dont think that normal people can beat back this type of sell off. 

That's insane.  This is so bizarre.  I can't stop watching.  Haha.

1 minute ago, turnin' two said:

That's insane.  This is so bizarre.  I can't stop watching.  Haha.

It's also insanely funny and somewhat inspiring. The guy who already made enough money to never work a day in his life again but not selling to stick it to the hedge funds is a hero. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Soxbadger said:

My compensation package thanks them.

30 minutes ago, mqr said:

It's also insanely funny and somewhat inspiring. The guy who already made enough money to never work a day in his life again but not selling to stick it to the hedge funds is a hero. 

I don't find that guy inspiring at all - he is going to stick it to a ton of people who are going to get bit when it all comes crashing down (which it will).  

1 minute ago, Soxbadger said:

Its not sustainable. AMC is being beaten back by heavy hitters. They are on the look out now.

A lot of people are going to lose money trying these games. 

Yeah, hopefully people are taking their gains if they were on the long side of this because when it goes... look out.  There is no technical bottom until at least the original highs.

5 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Yeah, hopefully people are taking their gains if they were on the long side of this because when it goes... look out.  There is no technical bottom until at least the original highs.

AMC may hit a billion volume. That is just beserk.

It looked like 13.5 was the inflated floor, but then it went under $13. Now its at $14. The problem is small guys buying 100 lots get wiped by big guys selling 10k lots. Have all the big investors dumped yet? Or are they trying to see if they can push the floor further. If they all have dumped and you still have the buy frenzy it will pop. 

Also most people cant just sit on their computer and defend their positions all day long. 

6 minutes ago, Soxbadger said:

Its not sustainable. AMC is being beaten back by heavy hitters. They are on the look out now.

A lot of people are going to lose money trying these games. 

OTOH for AMC they completed their secondary, so at the very least they were able to get some capital.

4 minutes ago, bmags said:

OTOH for AMC they completed their secondary, so at the very least they were able to get some capital.

Agreed at least AMC is a legitimate company that you are buying during an insane economic downturn. There is some theory to that stock being better in a year from now. 

But what I am seeing with AMC has never happened. Over 816mil volume, back over $15 per share. This is literally people trying to find gold.

(edit)

This is the volume for shares today

https://www.barchart.com/stocks/most-active/daily-volume-leaders

Looks like similar plays may be being made on Nokia, 

Edited by Soxbadger