Dentists

greg775

Any dentists on here? I need a crown on a tooth where I chew a lot. They say they will put in a temporary one and then a few weeks later permanent. Is this still the correct procedure or is my dentist getting too old?

Also how much will it run me to get a crown? Like Curley in the Stooges episode where the boys pull his tooth, I have a bum tooth.

18 hours ago, greg775 said:

Any dentists on here? I need a crown on a tooth where I chew a lot. They say they will put in a temporary one and then a few weeks later permanent. Is this still the correct procedure or is my dentist getting too old?

Also how much will it run me to get a crown? Like Curley in the Stooges episode where the boys pull his tooth, I have a bum tooth.

I've had a few crowns done over the past few years and that's how they do it.  Temporary and then the permanent.  They will size you for the permanent and then they usually have to special order it.

Edited by GoSox05
  • Like 1

That's kind of the old school way of doing it. A lot of dentist are now making them in house using CAD/CAM software. I have to get one done myself here soon and my dentist told me the crown can be made in under an hour. Costs can very greatly depending on location. My dentist told me he charges $995 per crown.