2018 World Series - Red Sox v. Dodgers

Middle Buffalo

Yup - couldn't care less who wins this round, however both teams are pretty stacked. BOS has been the best team all year so kudos to them, they deserve to be here, and the Dodgers went out and made every move possible to be here (with the big win of Machado at the trade deadline). 

So, while I'm not a fan of either -- they both deserve to be here without a doubt. 

Pretty good example of what is both great and bad about the playoffs in tonight's game. Every pitch counts. 

If the catcher's mitt moves at all, it's a ball. Both Kershaw and Sale threw a bunch of pitches that looked good but were called balls. 

With analytics, players are more patient. The strike zone is tiny. So, the games take forever - especially in the playoffs. 

I went to bed in the 7th. The game was already well over 3 hours long.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Middle Buffalo said:

Pretty good example of what is both great and bad about the playoffs in tonight's game. Every pitch counts. 

If the catcher's mitt moves at all, it's a ball. Both Kershaw and Sale threw a bunch of pitches that looked good but were called balls. 

With analytics, players are more patient. The strike zone is tiny. So, the games take forever - especially in the playoffs. 

I went to bed in the 7th. The game was already well over 3 hours long.

Yeah that and commercial breaks are about a minute longer I believe. In a baseball game, that adds up.

3 hours ago, lostfan said:

Machado just stared down his hit that went all the way to the wall and dropped his bat thinking he had a home run, and turned a stand-up double into a single. Not bright.

I don't approve of MM's antics sometimes. NY can have him IMO

14 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

In the last 28 innings of this series the 2 teams have combined to score 5 runs. 

The last two of those runs were from throwing errors and the next one is too.

Alex Cora asleep at the wheel leaving E Rod In this long. Heck of a performance though.