2018 World Series - Red Sox v. Dodgers

Middle Buffalo

1 hour ago, soxfan2014 said:

World Series roster or just the roster in general (Pedroia)?

Technically he would make it 2. Was he even on the 40 man for most of the season?

But 5 years in between titles and they basically flipped their entire roster and fired a GM, manager, coaches.  The correct color Sox need years of top 5 picks, 3 stars signed cheaply to bring  back 10 prospects,  and still need all that time plus, if anyone should get hurt just to be competitive. 

It is amazing to me the pass this front office and staff is getting when the development isn't nearly what was anticipated. 

I wasn't expecting a playoff team.  I knew the team would suck. But this isn't a typical 100 loss team.  They play almost 25 % of their schedule vs. Detroit and KC and still lost 100. If the Orioles and White Eox switched places and schedules,  they may be a 110 loss team, waiting for something to go right

I also know for draft purposes losing isn't necessarily bad, but it does show this team and organization have a very long way to go. Maybe everything starts coming together in 2019. I won't be holding my  breath. 

Edited by Dick Allen

5 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Technically he would make it 2. Was he even on the 40 man for most of the season?

But 5 years in between titles and they basically flipped their entire roster and fired a GM, manager, coaches.  The correct color Sox need years of top 5 picks, 3 stars signed cheaply to bring  back 10 prospects,  and still need all that time plus, if anyone should get hurt just to be competitive. 

It is amazing to me the pass this front office and staff is getting when the development isn't nearly what was anticipated. 

I wasn't expecting a playoff team.  I knew the team would suck. But this isn't a typical 100 loss team.  They play almost 25 % of their schedule vs. Detroit and KC and still lost 100. If the Orioles and White Eox switched places and schedules,  they may be a 110 loss team, waiting for something to go right.

Who is the other one then? Without looking it up, my guess is Joe Kelly.