Sox sign Eloy’s brother?

Sockin

14 hours ago, GenericUserName said:

Recent video of him taking some swings: 

Another one from a couple years ago: 

His swing looks pretty simple and flat planed. He is pretty small compared to Eloy and his father, so hopefully he has another growth spurt in him. 

The swing in that top video is horrible. 

https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/white-sox/sox-drawer-qa-joe-girardi-enoy-jimenez-and-chris-sales-infected-belly-button

Q: After the most recent international signing of Eloy Jimenez’s brother, Enoy, do you think he could get close to the level of Eloy? Eloy wasn’t a known prospect until a few years ago, keep in mind. — @Dehhmac_

CG: In case you missed it, the White Sox signed Eloy’s 17-year-old brother to a baseball contract Sunday. Eloy posted a photo of him and his smiling brother wearing a White Sox hat and jersey.

By the way, if you do a Google search for “Enoy Jimenez,” Google will ask: “Did you mean Eloy Jimenez?” Even Google can’t believe it.

We don’t know too much about little Enoy. I say little because he’s tiny compared to his big brother. See the video we found on YouTube which was posted a couple of weeks ago. Enoy is wearing a White Sox retro tank top and a Charlotte Knights hat. If anything, he’ll fit right in at SoxFest. Seriously, he has some great baseball DNA, so he’s got that going for him. He’s an infielder. That’s about all we know. As MLB Trade Rumors put it, “scouting information on the younger Jimenez brother is virtually non-existent.”

[/quote]

21 hours ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

I swear when I saw this I thought it was Eloy's 30 year old big brother. That kid does not have the face of a 17 year old.

When I saw how slight he is  the first thought was he might be sick or even be a half brother. and the Sox are doing this is a goodwill gesture, Of course if I'm right, which I actually hope I'm not, a "goodwill gesture " could be seen as  a ploy to stay on Eloy's good side and the money has to be used any way or else they lose it.

If he's honestly a legit prospect I suspect we'd have heard more about him.

14 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

When I saw how slight he is  the first thought was he might be sick or even be a half brother. and the Sox are doing this is a goodwill gesture, Of course if I'm right, which I actually hope I'm not, a "goodwill gesture " could be seen as  a ploy to stay on Eloy's good side and the money has to be used any way or else they lose it.

If he's honestly a legit prospect I suspect we'd have heard more about him.

Looking at him, they have to be praying for a growth spurt.  I have no doubt this was a good will thing, and I am sure the dollars were small.

25 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Looking at him, they have to be praying for a growth spurt.  I have no doubt this was a good will thing, and I am sure the dollars were small.

Exactly.  This was definitely a good will thing and a brilliant move.  If it makes Eloy happy and keeps him with this organization for a very long time, money well spent.

I'm blanking right now, but haven't we done this before somewhat recently?

1 minute ago, Special K said:

Exactly.  This was definitely a good will thing and a brilliant move.  If it makes Eloy happy and keeps him with this organization for a very long time, money well spent.

The Sox drafted Ron Schueler's daughter... :D

4 hours ago, Special K said:

Drafted Kenny's kid in like the 5th rd too.