Eduardo Escobar signs with the DBacks for 3 years 21 million

Buehrle>Wood

I thought it was

21 hours ago, bmags said:

Should be illegal to sign guys before WS is over. Need to spread out baseball news.

I thought signings weren't even allowed to happen until after the world series and then the period where teams get exclusive negotiating rights with players who are free agents but were on their teams the previous season?

16 minutes ago, Scoots said:

I thought it was

I thought signings weren't even allowed to happen until after the world series and then the period where teams get exclusive negotiating rights with players who are free agents but were on their teams the previous season?

I believe players can start declaring for free agency at 9:00 am the morning after the World Series, I don't know of any long exclusive rights period in this sport, am I wrong?

35 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

I believe players can start declaring for free agency at 9:00 am the morning after the World Series, I don't know of any long exclusive rights period in this sport, am I wrong?

I thought some signing and announcements were permitted during off days in the post season. I could be wrong though.

10 hours ago, Jose Abreu said:

Totally different scenario but didn't we sign Abreu during the World Series? Not sure if he was considered an amateur free agent like the Mesa brothers. 

He was not considered an amateur free agent and yes we did sign him during the world series.

Edited by soxfan2014

15 hours ago, Scoots said:

I thought it was

Well extensions can happen at any time. You just won’t see guys change teams yet because they haven’t technically become free agents yet.