Explosive Devices Sent to Clintons, Soros and Obama

whitesoxfan99

Can’t imagine this topic being discussed rationally with no Filibuster...like the immigration caravan plodding across Mexico.

I guess it can’t be that surprising with all the hateful rhetoric going back and forth.  This is just a natural extension of verbal confrontation.  It only takes one or two nuts, like the Scalise shooting at the Congressional baseball practice.

Looks like the story is expanding to many other possible targets, including John Brennan/CNN. 

Edited by caulfield12

All I can say is no matter which political group this bomber is affiliated with, it isn't helping their cause. It will have the opposite political effect that this bomber intends it to have. 

Whether this is the work of a right wing or left wing nutjob, Congratulations! You just helped the opposition. 

That is all, and I will say no more. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Add Maxine Waters...wonder if the FBI will dare to share investigation information in the last week or ten days before the election. Hopefully not.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/cnn-president-tells-trump-words-matter-mail-bomb-found-214004747.html

CNN responds to attacks...btw, Brennan’s name was spelled with only one N, whatever that means. Schultz’s last name spelled without a C.  Soros was the first name released, and now all are linked together.

One purportedly from Wasserman-Schultz TO Eric Holder, but returned.

Waters bomb not yet 100% confirmed or linked yet.

Edited by caulfield12

It seems like if these bombs were even capable of exploding, which I doubt, the damage would have been limited.  Who knows if the bomber even wants them to go off, seems more like a scare tactic.  There is zero chance it would have ever made it to Obama or Clinton.

38 minutes ago, LittleHurt05 said:

It seems like if these bombs were even capable of exploding, which I doubt, the damage would have been limited.  Who knows if the bomber even wants them to go off, seems more like a scare tactic.  There is zero chance it would have ever made it to Obama or Clinton.

Authorities have said they are "rudimentary but functional". So they certainly could go off, but I have zero idea how bad that would be or if they actually would have of course.

5 minutes ago, NorthSideSox72 said:

Authorities have said they are "rudimentary but functional". So they certainly could go off, but I have zero idea how bad that would be or if they actually would have of course.

It is also immaterial.  When a kid carries a gun into a school, you don't need to debate what his intentions were. 

They should be treated as a terrorist, because that is what they are. 

1 hour ago, LittleHurt05 said:

I think one thing that is interesting about mail-based issues like this is how hard they are to track down. Anthrax-culprit was never found. Unabomber took years. A mail bomb to a judge in alabama i think was never found.

The austin one I believe was different in that he delivered them himself (?).

So at this point you have to wonder if a calculation is that while it's low chance of success, it is a low chance of getting caught.

Don't know how to solve it, but scary how successful in avoiding consequences mail terrorism has been.

1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

It is also immaterial.  When a kid carries a gun into a school, you don't need to debate what his intentions were. 

They should be treated as a terrorist, because that is what they are. 

It shouldn't be used to justify the actions in anyway, but motive, intent, and aptitude are hardly immaterial.  They are very relevant to the investigation and figuring out what exactly happened here and possibly prevent others from trying it in the future.

2 minutes ago, LittleHurt05 said:

It shouldn't be used to justify the actions in anyway, but motive, intent, and aptitude are hardly immaterial.  They are very relevant to the investigation and figuring out what exactly happened here and possibly prevent others from trying it in the future.

aptitude is immaterial.  Intent is everything.  Anyway of selling this as a false flag operation or down playing this because the bombs weren't big enough is a cheap distraction from this being terrorism.

6 hours ago, Brian said:

Add Biden and DeNiro to the list this morning.

FBI should be able to track this idiot pretty quick, you'd think.

Nice of 45 to blame the Mainstream Media for this today. Such a uniter.

Take that rhetoric to the filibuster. 

Edited by Whitesoxin2019
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

aptitude is immaterial.  Intent is everything.  Anyway of selling this as a false flag operation or down playing this because the bombs weren't big enough is a cheap distraction from this being terrorism.

I agree.  Nobody was doing such a thing. 

5 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

To be fair, there is no evidence to point to that the origin is Right or Left. 

False flag claims seem to piggyback the fact that the right have been gaining momentum in the polls the last 2 weeks.

The hashtag #magabomber was instantly trending on social media.

everything is pure speculation.

hope they catch the perpetrators regardless of political beliefs.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, LittleHurt05 said:

That article tends to go back and forth between them being a scare tactic or just an amateur who thought it was gonna be dangerous but made a dud.

I mean we don't know anything about this person other then he is really bad at making bombs.

I do find it curios though what the media does and does not choose to cover. The individual sending anthrax to Trump officials got maybe a day worth of coverage. The Bernie Bro who shot up Republican lawmakers on the baseball field critically injuring Scalise got maybe a couple of days. Paul was beaten up by his democrat neighbor next door late night comedians made jokes and laughed at his expense. There has been multiple attempts to assassinate Trump from ISIS, to people attacking him during his campaign, to people attempting to breach his motorcade none of which received much coverage.

Those are just the physical threats. The NYT recently published an assassination fantasy of Trump. Biden threatened to take him to the woodshed. Booker and Maxine have told their supporters to accost Republican lawmakers wherever they go. They have been surrounded and told the most vile things as they leave work by democrat activists. Griffith held up a decapitated head. Late night comics have made jokes regarding incest. Labeled Melenia a prostitute. To our former AG telling his supporters to assault Republicans. Over 90 percent of the coverage of Trump administration from the media is negative.

There has been wall to wall coverage of this singular event for days with no end in sight. My question is why? What makes this act any different then the political violence that has already been occurring? I like everyone else would like the rhetoric toned down what makes me cringe most regarding Trump is the rhetoric but why are we pretending he is the only one with unclean hands in all this? As CNN says facts matter and the fact is there is more then enough blame to go around when Trump said we need to unite the focus in the media and the other side (it's hard to tell the difference) was on how he needed to change there was zero self awareness of the role they played into all this.

And until they wake up and realize it's a shared responsibility to be more civil nothing is going to change.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, wrathofhahn said:

I mean we don't know anything about this person other then he is really bad at making bombs.

I do find it curios though what the media does and does not choose to cover. The individual sending anthrax to Trump officials got maybe a day worth of coverage. The Bernie Bro who shot up Republican lawmakers on the baseball field critically injuring Scalise got maybe a couple of days. Paul was beaten up by his democrat neighbor next door late night comedians made jokes and laughed at his expense. There has been multiple attempts to assassinate Trump from ISIS, to people attacking him during his campaign, to people attempting to breach his motorcade none of which received much coverage.

Those are just the physical threats. The NYT recently published an assassination fantasy of Trump. Biden threatened to take him to the woodshed. Booker and Maxine have told their supporters to accost Republican lawmakers wherever they go. They have been surrounded and told the most vile things as they leave work by democrat activists. Griffith held up a decapitated head. Late night comics have made jokes regarding incest. Labeled Melenia a prostitute. To our former AG telling his supporters to assault Republicans. Over 90 percent of the coverage of Trump administration from the media is negative.

There has been wall to wall coverage of this singular event for days with no end in sight. My question is why? What makes this act any different then the political violence that has already been occurring? I like everyone else would like the rhetoric toned down what makes me cringe most regarding Trump is the rhetoric but why are we pretending he is the only one with unclean hands in all this? As CNN says facts matter and the fact is there is more then enough blame to go around when Trump said we need to unite the focus in the media and the other side (it's hard to tell the difference) was on how he needed to change there was zero self awareness of the role they played into all this.

And until they wake up and realize it's a shared responsibility to be more civil nothing is going to change.

Almost everything in the bolded graf is factually false. That is probably why you are surprised.

The reason the "anthrax" letters to Trump officials didn't get much press is because they were not in fact Anthrax or anything else hazardous, which they knew pretty much right away. It did get quite a lot of coverage until that was known, then it dropped off the radar. Which is what one would expect.

The baseball game shooting? That was top story for days and had constant follow-ups and coverage. Not sure why you didn't see it, but it was very much there, big time coverage.

The Rand Paul episodes with his neighbors have been covered on and off for the entire time, but that one is also weird because Rand Paul himself has wanted to keep it quiet. His choice I guess. I honestly don't know anything about comedians saying stuff, probably true, that's kinda what comedians do.

I find no stories from anything other than wild conspiracy sites about any attempts by ISIS (or anyone else) trying to assassinate Trump. Of course all Presidents get threats, the USSS handles it, and we generally hear nothing about it unless something leaks publicly. And people violate motorcades and other security perimeters pretty regularly, again, for all Presidents, so why cover something like that unless they actually make it close to the President?

I mean, that might help explain it, Or the fact that, you know, actual working bombs were sent to like a dozen people from a terrorist. Seems kinda newsy to me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Quin locked this topic