Rosenthal: “rival exec believe white Sox will spend big”

bmags

15 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

Would you really want him? He’s been in pretty solid decline past two seasons. It would be like getting Griffey or Youkilis again.

I'm terrible with trade proposals, just curious what the cost would be or what it would take to get them to pick up some of his salary, or what we would have to include to get them to eat all of it or most of it

can coop fix him?

1 minute ago, Real said:

I'm terrible with trade proposals, just curious what the cost would be or what it would take to get them to pick up some of his salary, or what we would have to include to get them to eat all of it or most of it

can coop fix him?

Under coop would be even top 80 mph?  Felix is pretty much finished.  He will forever be Brian Anderson’s batting practice pitcher.

Edited by fathom

4 minutes ago, fathom said:

Under coop would be even top 80 mph?  Felix is pretty much finished.  He will forever be Brian Anderson’s batting practice pitcher.

had no idea his stuff had diminished that much, haven't seen him throw a baseball in a few years tbh

24 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

He’s lost a lot of velocity and really is a shell of his former self. Coop can’t fix him unless he owns a time machine. 

He's also owed $27 million this year. The Mariners would probably pick up more than half of that just to move him for nothing else. 

6 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

Draft lottery for all teams not in the playoffs. Equal shots. Maybe after the top 3 or 4 picks, go in reverse order. If there was a cap, the playing field would be leveled a bit. ESPN, Fox, and MLB Network might not like it. Anything that helps big markets is good for ratings.

That would work for the rebuilding part. I think to get the players and union to agree to a cap though, they would need to get the floor to make sure the owners aren't just pocketing the cap profits. This is a somewhat guarantee to put some of the money back into the team.

15 hours ago, Whitesox27 said:

I've seen people pushing the Syndergaard to the White Sox idea. I don't understand that either. Why would the Sox trade a significant package of prospects for an injury prone pitcher with the same amount of team control as Carlos Rodon?

Those people don't know what they'er talking about.  The White Sox aren't acquiring Syndergaard.