Morosi: White Sox interested in "both Machado and Harper"

Jose Abreu

I was just coming on here to post this. Depending on which one of them they land, if either, would shape the remainder of the offseason. Seeing what most think Eovaldi is going to get i'm down with offering him 3/48 and adding him to the rotation if they land one of these guys. 

2 minutes ago, Tony said:

I don't know, the evidence seems to piling up for Manny. It just checks off a ton of boxes. 

I don't see Bryce. Just doesn't add up. 

It would check off the "left handed bat" box, which is as of now only occupied long-term by Collins. Also would likely be a better move for marketing/exposure, even though Machado is the better player 

1 minute ago, Jose Abreu said:

It would check off the "left handed bat" box, which is as of now only occupied long-term by Collins. Also would likely be a better move for marketing/exposure, even though Machado is the better player 

Yeah and its not like either position has a player locked in long term yet. Blake fucking Rutherford isn't going to prevent the White Sox from attempting to sign Harper (assuming Machado signs somewhere else first).

Edited by soxfan2014

14 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

It's not suggesting they get both haha one or the other. My point above was if you want to sign one to a $300m deal and he signs somewhere else, you should have interest in the other. Both would be great additions.

Yeah this is right to me.

• Like 1

Harper also allows the Sox to use their corner OF prospects in trades to fill other holes. If they land Harper, any OF other than Robert, Gonzalez and Basabe become instant trade bait, actually you could probably use one of the three above in a trade and have CF filled anyway. Blake Rutherford might be an option for CF as well. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Like 1

I want Harper, and this is how he fits:

3B Moncada

RF  Avi                         

1B Harper                   

DH Abreu                    

LF  Eloy

C   Narvaez/Castillo

2B Sanchez             

SS Anderson          

CF Engel

Sign another veteran starter and a closer

The 2020 team:

3B Moncada

2B  Madrigal

1B  Harper

LF  Eloy

DH Palka

CF  Robert (If ready)

C   Collins or Narvaez/ Castillo/Zavala 

RF  Adofo/Rutherford/Walker/Gonzlez

SS Anderson

Edited by Lillian

Oh my God when I read this blurb today my heart started pumping 100x faster. 

Please, White Sox, go get Harper! I want to root for him so badly!

Machado would be kinda cool too, but hate his attitude. Hell, get both. LETS DO THIS.

• Tony locked this topic