Morosi: White Sox interested in "both Machado and Harper"

Jose Abreu

4 minutes ago, sin city sox fan said:

So whats the scoop that got pulled?   Have we signed Bryce?

Sox random dude says Bryce wants to live in Chicago, and someway or another Ron Kittle told someone the Sox currently have the best offer on the table.

That is the scoop.  

• Like 1

Buster Olney said on the radio today that he would bet his family farm that the Phillies sign one of Machado/Harper.  Also, David Kaplan has changed his mind (shocker) and now thinks the Cubs will be in on the big names after he said a few weeks ago they wouldn't.

Just now, fathom said:

Buster Olney said on the radio today that he would bet his family farm that the Phillies sign one of Machado/Harper.  Also, David Kaplan has changed his mind (shocker) and now thinks the Cubs will be in on the big names after he said a few weeks ago they wouldn't.

I think cubs are going to sell a short term deal and see how far it gets them.

1 minute ago, peavy44 said:

Ok since you guys wanna make big drama out of it ban me If he doesn't sign here.

Lol, people are just joking around man.  We all appreciate you sharing the info.  No one is going to get banned (except maybe Ron). 

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, bmags said:

I think cubs are going to sell a short term deal and see how far it gets them.

I still think the Cubs are the biggest threat. If they're somehow able to shed salary at the Winter Meetings I think they'll be able to get him. 

Just now, Sockin said:

I still think the Cubs are the biggest threat. If they're somehow able to shed salary at the Winter Meetings I think they'll be able to get him. 

That’s a pretty big if.  They really don’t have the assets to move one of their terrible contracts without it being completely counter-productive.

4 minutes ago, Sockin said:

I really hope that's true. I don't know if the Rickett's give a crap about the luxury tax or not. 

I will not guarantee harper will not sign. But I don't know that any owner can ignore luxury tax anymore. Signing harper when there will be a need to sign bryant/baez/hendricks soon would mean it's very difficult to get under at any point soon.

• Tony locked this topic