Morosi: White Sox interested in "both Machado and Harper"

Jose Abreu

Hahn again had a chance to temper the enthusiasm for Sox fans when it comes to the big guys, and he absolutely didn’t.  That’s a positive sign if you want them to get Bryce/Manny.  Oh, and every time I see him remark about you can’t control when players are available, it makes me think Manny is their main target 

5 minutes ago, fathom said:

Hahn again had a chance to temper the enthusiasm for Sox fans when it comes to the big guys, and he absolutely didn’t.  That’s a positive sign if you want them to get Bryce/Manny.  Oh, and every time I see him remark about you can’t control when players are available, it makes me think Manny is their main target 

I hope not

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

Two main reasons why I feel that way:

-Hahn has said he’d like to acquire a premium 3B in coming years 

-We know they liked Manny last offseason 

Positionally he makes the most sense.  I just don't know about him as a team leader.....

9 minutes ago, fathom said:

Two main reasons why I feel that way:

-Hahn has said he’d like to acquire a premium 3B in coming years 

-We know they liked Manny last offseason 

I think Harper is their guy because baseball aside Harper makes them a draw nationally in terms of marketing. Harper being the cover star of the MLB The Show 19 and playing on ESPN games in a White Sox uniform would help tremendously in gaining fans not just in Chicago. 

7 minutes ago, Sockin said:

I think Harper is their guy because baseball aside Harper makes them a draw nationally in terms of marketing. Harper being the cover star of the MLB The Show 19 and playing on ESPN games in a White Sox uniform would help tremendously in gaining fans not just in Chicago. 

I agree harper brings more fans Machado doesn't

2 minutes ago, Whitesox27 said:

Who is the source? 

The source was a guy who claims to know a close friend of Harper. I initially wrote it off as BS but looked into it some more and found that the guy actually knows the people he claims to know. That's as specific as I can be

• Tony locked this topic