Morosi: White Sox interested in "both Machado and Harper"

Jose Abreu

It sounds like they are determined to get one of these guys.  We've obviously heard more about Harper, but I wouldn't be surprised if they are pursuing Machado, too.

Hahn's comments really make me believe they expect to have a great chance at landing one of them.

Are we really taking this seriously?!?

Also, if we are, jumping waaaaaay ahead here, who else do we sign? Sorry, but we're not signing Harper to put Engel in CF, Sanchez at 3B, and some filler in two rotation spots, are we?

7 minutes ago, Whitesox27 said:

Do you guys think the Sox are still interested in Machado or are they putting all their time and resources into Harper at this point?

All signs point to harper. If for whatever reason they miss out on harper and Machado is still available, then they will rekindle Machado

Just now, The Sir said:

Also, if we are, jumping waaaaaay ahead here, who else do we sign? Sorry, but we're not signing Harper to put Engel in CF, Sanchez at 3B, and some filler in two rotation spots, are we?

My guess if Harper is signed: Billy Hamilton and Dallas Keuchel.  And a few other pieces.

2 minutes ago, The Sir said:

I take the offer and interest seriously.  I still think Sox have a pretty low chance given the fact we are the White Sox and aren't in Position A.  If this were 2020-2021 it would be an easier sell.

• Tony locked this topic