Morosi: White Sox interested in "both Machado and Harper"

Jose Abreu

The interesting part of this is if Harper did actually say our offer is the highest. I read that JR’s fear was overbidding on a player. I wonder if JR knew that his offer was the highest right now if he’d think they overbid, or would he be happy that it hasn’t been matched yet?

9 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

If Peavy turns out to be right we should all pitch in and buy him a Harper Jersey haha.

If it was true and for the reasons he stated, soxtalk may get some publicity.

"The Bryce Harper White Sox signing first gained some validity when a fan shared rumors of his strong interest in a string of barely coherent rants on the White Sox fan forum 'soxtalk.com'."

Edited by Hot FiRe
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Can't believe alot of you are/were buying his schtick. 

I'm not buying what peavy said, but I do think the guy he was quoting might actually know something. It isn't "his" source, he just happened to stumble upon him and claimed him as his own. The reality is that any of us in that group now have access to anything that guy says.

Edited by Jose Abreu

1 hour ago, peavy44 said:

Now not posting anymore i said no posting my screenshots

I appreciate all the info you have given. That said if you dont expect people to share info from here, read this article. Sports Illustrated did a whole article on Soxtalk and rumor spreading:

https://www.si.com/vault/2006/03/27/8373298/anatomy-of-a-rumor

Edited by Buehrle>Wood

2 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

So because the poster was erratic and annoying, people are going to now disregard everything the source said? They're completely independent of each other, the source still said what he said and knows who he knows. 

sssshhh no logic allowed

1 minute ago, Jose Abreu said:

So because the poster was erratic and annoying, people are going to now disregard everything the source said? They're completely independent of each other, the source still said what he said and knows who he knows. 

In a world where “katyperrysbootyhole” can break a blockbuster trade a day before it happens we really shouldn’t discredit anything outright unless it’s completely ludicrous. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Tony said:

Which also doesn’t have to be taken at face value. We have no idea who that person is, who the “HS Friend” of Harper is, and if this person giving this report is truthful. 

Again, people can believe whatever they want. But people have every right to call BS as well. 

Of course. Personally, I believe I do know who the friend is, but we indeed do not know if the person is telling the truth.

My point is that the demise of peavy has no bearing on the quality of the information he shared. He and the source are not connected in any way whatsoever. 

• Tony locked this topic