Morosi: White Sox interested in "both Machado and Harper"

Jose Abreu

4 minutes ago, Tony said:

Which also doesn’t have to be taken at face value. We have no idea who that person is, who the “HS Friend” of Harper is, and if this person giving this report is truthful. 

Again, people can believe whatever they want. But people have every right to call BS as well. 

Bingo. Been on this board long enough (you as well Tony) to give a poster the benefit of the doubt (and I've seen a poster here break news who rarely post here as well as a couple others who are more regular i.e. rabbit, Rock, etc) Can't give Peavy44 that benefit yet with his posting here in the past. 

Edited by SoxAce
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, SoxAce said:

Bingo. Been on this board long enough (you as well Tony) to give a poster the benefit of the doubt (and I've seen a poster here break news who rarely post here as well as a couple others who are more regular i.e. rabbit, Rock, etc) Cant give Peavy44 that benefit yet with his posting here in the past. 

What I believe you're missing is that peavy44 was not the source. He was just passing the source along. That said, you can still question the source all you want, but there is a big difference between a guy referencing an outside source and then imploding versus a guy making his own claims without outside support... and then imploding

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tony said:

I agree, but I’d argue he did more to his own “demise” than anyone else here :) 

My take on the entire Harper saga is no one outside of Bryce and Boras know anything. Teams have submitted their initial pitches but as we all know, money will be the ultimate factor. And things can change in an instant. I get it, it’s fun to speculate and dream, there is no harm to it. But the current talk about what Bryce is “feeling” seems like more fiction than fact. Just my $0.02.

Preach. 

10 minutes ago, Tony said:

I agree, but I’d argue he did more to his own “demise” than anyone else here :) 

My take on the entire Harper saga is no one outside of Bryce and Boras know anything. Teams have submitted their initial pitches but as we all know, money will be the ultimate factor. And things can change in an instant. I get it, it’s fun to speculate and dream, there is no harm to it. But the current talk about what Bryce is “feeling” seems like more fiction than fact. Just my $0.02.

Actually I disagree. I think the teams truly interested will offer very similar contracts, but where he wants to be will top the scales. The Sox and Phillies will match each other to get the game's most recognizable star. 

12 minutes ago, Tony said:

Difference of opinion then. I believe someone will step up and make a ridiculous offer that truly can’t be turned down. 

That is usually how these work. Someone blows away the competition. Maybe it is JR. I do appreciate peavy44 sharing what he had, I just think some of it didn’t make sense. I once had a source and was ripped to no end. My source was indirectly JR’s son. I reported the Sox were after Tim Hudson back in the day. Sure enough about a half hour later , Hudson was sent to. Atlanta, so I was a bullshitter. 

1 hour ago, aeichhor said:

It's funny how all the tweets of the conference call at the time talked about Hahn going after the free agents, but not one of them included that he said "That doesn’t mean we can guarantee by any stretch that we’re going to convert on these targets.’’

4 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Harper would be the Michael Jordan of the White Sox.  That’s got to be pretty alluring for a guy like him (assuming it comes with a $400M check).

I was told that ego things mean absolutely nothing on this board.

Responding to the potential interest in Marwin Gonzalez expressed in the Heyman article:

Not sure Gonzalez makes sense...but I thought he was older than 30 for some reason (actually 29, will turn 30 before next season).

Definitely could play OF and 1B/3B, veteran presence, lots of post-season experience, the whole question is whether he would be better off on a team that would be contending right away, versus two years from now.

Of course, the usual caveat, depends on years/$$$.  Buy on the dip, or buy into his "over-performance" run in 2017/18 being over?

Edited by caulfield12

4 minutes ago, Whitesox27 said:

I'm on a forum with fans of all teams, and I made a thread asking what team they think Harper will sign with. I got 20+ responses so far and not one of them said the Sox.

You could do that on this forum and you might get the same result

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, iamshack said:

You could do that on this forum and you might get the same result

I would be one of those people who say the well never get Machado or Harper while they’re in their prime. 

If we sign either of them this year I’ll buy you all a beer on Opening Day. 

3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

This raBBit tweet has definitely got me worried.  There is no poster more connected than him.

Earlier today he responded to someone who asked if Sox are so confident in getting Harper that they are focused on him and not starting pitching, he said “no”

6 minutes ago, fathom said:

Earlier today he responded to someone who asked if Sox are so confident in getting Harper that they are focused on him and not starting pitching, he said “no”

I took that as they are not wearing Harper blinders and have multiple balls in the air. As they should.

• Like 1

• Tony locked this topic