Morosi: White Sox interested in "both Machado and Harper"

Jose Abreu

3 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

I took that as they are not wearing Harper blinders and have multiple balls in the air. As they should.

Having multiple balls in the air is retarded that kind of shit is what causes you to spend 80 million on Wei Yin Chen because the top FA wouldn't take your money.

Have your targets and if you don't get them move on and goto plan B. Personally plan B would be my plan A as this roster is nowhere ready to compete. 

Edited by wrathofhahn

2 minutes ago, wrathofhahn said:

Having multiple balls in the air is dumb that kind of shit is what causes you to spend 80 million on Wei Yin Chen because the top FA wouldn't take your money.

Sure. Because having balls in the air automatically equates to blowing your wad on the runner up free agent as a consolation prize. I meant they are likely looking at pitching options, inning eaters, backup catchers, trade opportunities, buy low candidates etc. We know where you sit though. Your posts make it clear enough. FWIW if the Sox don't land Machado or Harper I hope they stay the rebuild course. No reason to jump the gun a la the Padres last year.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

Sure. Because having balls in the air automatically equates to blowing your wad on the runner up free agent as a consolation prize. I meant they are likely looking at pitching options, inning eaters, backup catchers, trade opportunities, buy low candidates etc. We know where you sit though. Your posts make it clear enough. FWIW if the Sox don't land Machado or Harper I hope they stay the rebuild course. No reason to jump the gun a la the Padres last year.

Bingo. This front office is smart enough to have multiple if/then plans going on at the same time, and have just stated if it isn't right, they aren't going to force it.

6 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Bingo. This front office is smart enough to have multiple if/then plans going on at the same time, and have just stated if it isn't right, they aren't going to force it.

I think they’ll force it way more than they did last offseason, as illustrated by Avi/Davidson and reports of them spending big.

10 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

I hope you right but Kenny Williams doesn't normally operate that way

Edited by wrathofhahn

I think you guys are reading too far into things at this point. For one, obviously they're not going to spend 100% of their time and effort going after just Harper. They would be foolish to ignore other potential possibilities that could make the team better, whether that's pitching or other position players. As far as raBBit goes, I'm not sure why he retweeted that tweet but I think there's a fair amount of sarcasm that can be taken from it. I highly doubt that anything LaRoche related would have an impact on whether or not Harper would sign with the Sox this offseason. The LaRoche saga was almost 3 years ago at this point.

6 minutes ago, Whitesox27 said:

I think you guys are reading too far into things at this point. For one, obviously they're not going to spend 100% of their time and effort going after just Harper. They would be foolish to ignore other potential possibilities that could make the team better, whether that's pitching or other position players. As far as raBBit goes, I'm not sure why he retweeted that tweet but I think there's a fair amount of sarcasm that can be taken from it. I highly doubt that anything LaRoche related would have an impact on whether or not Harper would sign with the Sox this offseason. The LaRoche saga was almost 3 years ago at this point.

Harper wouldn't have met with white sox if that was case

13 minutes ago, whitesoxwinner said:

I'm the guy who's theory that was that the sox are putting all of their eggs in one basket. RaBBit was simply saying that they aren't putting all of their eggs in one basket, not that we weren't in on him

They going hard after harper.

• Tony locked this topic