Jump to content
Jose Abreu

Morosi: White Sox interested in "both Machado and Harper"

Recommended Posts

32 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

They would want that, but Harper isn't going to take THAT MUCH of a lesser deal in exchange for it. He's not going to sign a $200 million total value deal just because you gave him an opt out after $50 million in the first 2 years. How much they might trade for an earlier opt out...well we'll see. 

If the Sox do love their chances at signing him, then perhaps we have some sort of framework that Bryce/Boras have already expressed some interest in. Maybe it's the Albert Belle top 3 paid player no matter what thing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would love if that 12 year/420 million with an opt-out after year 5 is true. That would be perfect for the Sox. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Whitesox27 said:

This whole thing reminds me so much of Cespedes and how Sox fans were clamoring for him a few years ago.

Cespedes would have been pretty good to have in 2016. Team wouldn’t be in rebuild I bet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This thread is so entertaining that I haven't clicked on any other threads in a while. Have we traded Abreu to the Dodgers yet? Has Eloy hit any more grand slams in winter ball?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SoxBlanco said:

This thread is so entertaining that I haven't clicked on any other threads in a while. Have we traded Abreu to the Dodgers yet? Has Eloy hit any more grand slams in winter ball?

Carrasco just got extended

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Whitesox27 said:

I would love if that 12 year/420 million with an opt-out after year 5 is true. That would be perfect for the Sox. 

Yuck.

Are we getting the Harper from 2015 or the one from 2016-2018 because after 2015 he has averaged 2.5 WAR. He plays also LF which is a non premium position.

I can't believe I'm saying this but I actually would prefer Machado. At least he plays kind of plays SS and 3B.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, fathom said:

He thought ECW was overrated 

OH MY GODDDDDDDD

Great info within this thread, especially the last few pages. Even if none of the info is proven correct it’s fun to be in the discussion for Machado/Harper. Every day im checking Soxtalk to look for some new (possibly inside) information, which fortunately Peavy has provides us with 😄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, wrathofhahn said:

Yuck.

Are we getting the Harper from 2015 or the one from 2016-2018 because after 2015 he has averaged 2.5 WAR. He plays also LF which is a non premium position.

I can't believe I'm saying this but I actually would prefer Machado. At least he plays kind of plays SS and 3B.

I would be happy with either, but the 5 year opt-out is great. It ensures that the Sox would have him through the 2023 season which aligns perfectly with their window.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, peavy44 said:

I NEED ADMIN TO MESSAGE ME

If you post your phone number, I can give you a call.  Actually, just post your credit card number and SS# and I'll get you signed up for a premium account.

  • Like 4
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, peavy44 said:

I NEED ADMIN TO MESSAGE ME

I did.  I'm ready 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

I did.  I'm ready 

 

6 minutes ago, bmags said:

I did too, pm me and not kyyle.

mod fight? :fight

Edited by Iwritecode

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Iwritecode said:

 

mod fight? :fight

If it wasn't clear, that's a total joke. Just trying to get these hot harper leads.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

fyi, Hahn supposed to be on 720 radio in the 2PM hour.  If peavy44 stops posting during that time, we'll finally know what Hahn's burner account is.

  • Haha 5
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, fathom said:

fyi, Hahn supposed to be on 720 radio in the 2PM hour.  If peavy44 stops posting during that time, we'll finally know what Hahn's burner account is.

POTY

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Whitesox27 said:

It's entirely possible that Rick Hahn could have an account on this forum *mind blown*

I believe his son has an account here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×