Jose Abreu

Morosi: White Sox interested in "both Machado and Harper"

FWIW I have reason to believe that the source Peavy44 posted earlier is actually legitimate, in the sense that he would indeed be able to hear rumors and whatnot from Harper's camp

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Look at you screenshotting your phone like a pro.

using tweetbot too!

1 minute ago, Jose Abreu said:

FWIW I have reason to believe that the source Peavy44 posted earlier is actually legitimate, in the sense that he would indeed be able to hear rumors and whatnot from Harper's camp

Do you mind elaborating or PMing with additional details?

3 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

Who is the source? 

4 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

Peavy44 might've just become a legend

Just now, yesterday333 said:

Why?

I can't see the White Sox tying up something like 30 to 50% of future payroll on two players for the next 8-12 years.

2 minutes ago, Whitesox27 said:

Who is the source? 

The source was a guy who claims to know a close friend of Harper. I initially wrote it off as BS but looked into it some more and found that the guy actually knows the people he claims to know. That's as specific as I can be

2 minutes ago, peavy44 said:

If you guys wanna make jokes I can keep the rumors to myself I'm sure I have more on sunday.

No one is making jokes I promise!

This comment from Hahn makes me happy. I don't want to do a half-ass marginal free agent binge if we miss out on Harper. Be smart. We are still in the midst of only year two of a rebuild.

Edited by DirtySox

Do you guys think the Sox are still interested in Machado or are they putting all their time and resources into Harper at this point?

It sounds like they are determined to get one of these guys.  We've obviously heard more about Harper, but I wouldn't be surprised if they are pursuing Machado, too.

Hahn's comments really make me believe they expect to have a great chance at landing one of them.

6 minutes ago, Whitesox27 said:

Do you guys think the Sox are still interested in Machado or are they putting all their time and resources into Harper at this point?

Rick Hahn is all over Harper

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Whitesox27 said:

I am guessing they are chasing both, hoping to land one until they get shutdown by one or both.

Just now, peavy44 said:

Rick Hahn is all over Harper

Based on your knowledge with your source....what % of confidence do you have that the Sox have a legit shot?

1 minute ago, BFirebird said:

Its got to be the hair.

One stipulation in the offer to Harper is that he wear a clear helmet so his hair is always visible.

• Like 1