Morosi: White Sox interested in "both Machado and Harper"

Jose Abreu

3 minutes ago, bmags said:

Wow. Man, really wish it was someone other than Morosi saying this (or depending on where you stand, maybe you do like that it's morosi)

Honestly, I am more excited to hear it from the national guys, because if the locals knew something they would protect their source and not say anything.

Just now, southsider2k5 said:

Honestly, I am more excited to hear it from the national guys, because if the locals knew something they would protect their source and not say anything.

I'm not sure if his comments are based on rumors he has heard, or the fact that the Sox have barely anything on the books moving forward and it makes sense for them to be involved? 

I'll believe the Sox will try for both players, but I'm still skeptical they get it done. 

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

I'm waiting for Merkin to shoot it down. Also looking forward to the Nightengale "The White Sox like Harper and Machado but won't overextend themselves." tweet.

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I have found Morosi to be particularly inaccurate. But yes, for a while the idea that sox would be a player was non-existent because they were just speculating on how teams may respond. Now they are reporting what they are hearing, so it's nice to hear this.

1 minute ago, bmags said:

I have found Morosi to be particularly inaccurate. But yes, for a while the idea that sox would be a player was non-existent because they were just speculating on how teams may respond. Now they are reporting what they are hearing, so it's nice to hear this.

It would be pretty crazy if the Sox did not at least TRY to sign one of Harper or Machado. I won't blame them if they can't get it done, but I certainly would be pissed if they cried poor and did not try. 

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

This is for December and January.

I think Harper and Machado sign by the end of December. The rest of the market will likely be waiting for them to sign and get the ball rolling. There will be plenty of interest in that holding out for more money isn't likely to get them more in January than it would in December. 

2 minutes ago, hi8is said:

Get the two biggest paid stars on your team to balance each other out in terms of arrogance being kept in check.

Even if we signed both Machado/Harper, I still strongly question if we would even make the playoffs in 2019? Rotation and bullpen have a ton to prove.

54 minutes ago, Sockin said:

FWIW Morosi was just on MLB Network and said he fully expects the Sox to wind up with one of them. If he is that confident in his source then Jerry must be ready to dish it out. 

Is there a video or link to this anywhere?

5 minutes ago, Sockin said:

Was fully expecting Merkin to shoot this down so this is encouraging.

For a team with large market potential with an young organization and attendance issues, you throw everything you can afford at Harper (within reason, of course, like don't outbid yourself)

Edited by AustinIllini
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, steveno89 said:

Even if we signed both Machado/Harper, I still strongly question if we would even make the playoffs in 2019? Rotation and bullpen have a ton to prove.

We totally wouldn’t.

One is a pipe dream.... two is as likely as me becoming Elon Musk.

1 hour ago, Quinarvy said:

I don't want to believe and get my heart broken.

There'd be a dogfight for CF and 3B/2B if these happened

I feel the same way dude. I caution everyone, be cautiously optimistic but expect nothing until either Harper/Machado sign on the dotted line and they have the presser. 

Idk how old you were, but a lot of Sox fans were furious about the A-Rod/Texas thing. There was a week in time where we thought they had him, and then Texas blew everyone away. 

It is why KW hated Boras, and why a lot of Sox fans do as well. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

• Tony locked this topic