Jose Abreu

Morosi: White Sox interested in "both Machado and Harper"

55 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

Its a "secret" bar really. The barbershop is a theme.

It really is a cool spot.

9 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

If Peavy turns out to be right we should all pitch in and buy him a Harper Jersey haha.

If it was true and for the reasons he stated, soxtalk may get some publicity.

"The Bryce Harper White Sox signing first gained some validity when a fan shared rumors of his strong interest in a string of barely coherent rants on the White Sox fan forum 'soxtalk.com'."

Edited by Hot FiRe
  • Haha 1

Can't believe alot of you are/were buying his schtick. 

Edited by SoxAce

2 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

What's the off-season without having a little fun for a day based on some wild speculation and FB posts?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

There was validity to some of the stuff he was posting.

3 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

I'm not buying what peavy said, but I do think the guy he was quoting might actually know something. It isn't "his" source, he just happened to stumble upon him and claimed him as his own. The reality is that any of us in that group now have access to anything that guy says.

Edited by Jose Abreu

1 minute ago, Sleepy Harold said:

What's the off-season without having a little fun for a day based on some wild speculation and FB posts?

True, also reading through 15 pages of B.S. can be time wasting.

So because the poster was erratic and annoying, people are going to now disregard everything the source said? They're completely independent of each other, the source still said what he said and knows who he knows. 

Just now, Jose Abreu said:

So because the poster was erratic and annoying, people are going to now disregard everything the source said? They're completely independent of each other, the source still said what he said and knows who he knows. 

Yup, there is truth to what peavy said.

1 hour ago, peavy44 said:

Now not posting anymore i said no posting my screenshots

I appreciate all the info you have given. That said if you dont expect people to share info from here, read this article. Sports Illustrated did a whole article on Soxtalk and rumor spreading:

https://www.si.com/vault/2006/03/27/8373298/anatomy-of-a-rumor

Edited by Buehrle>Wood

2 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

sssshhh no logic allowed

1 minute ago, Jose Abreu said:

In a world where “katyperrysbootyhole” can break a blockbuster trade a day before it happens we really shouldn’t discredit anything outright unless it’s completely ludicrous. 

• Haha 1

Which also doesn’t have to be taken at face value. We have no idea who that person is, who the “HS Friend” of Harper is, and if this person giving this report is truthful. 

Again, people can believe whatever they want. But people have every right to call BS as well. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Tony said:

Which also doesn’t have to be taken at face value. We have no idea who that person is, who the “HS Friend” of Harper is, and if this person giving this report is truthful. 

Again, people can believe whatever they want. But people have every right to call BS as well. 

Of course. Personally, I believe I do know who the friend is, but we indeed do not know if the person is telling the truth.

My point is that the demise of peavy has no bearing on the quality of the information he shared. He and the source are not connected in any way whatsoever. 

4 minutes ago, Tony said:

Bingo. Been on this board long enough (you as well Tony) to give a poster the benefit of the doubt (and I've seen a poster here break news who rarely post here as well as a couple others who are more regular i.e. rabbit, Rock, etc) Can't give Peavy44 that benefit yet with his posting here in the past. 

Edited by SoxAce
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, SoxAce said:

Bingo. Been on this board long enough (you as well Tony) to give a poster the benefit of the doubt (and I've seen a poster here break news who rarely post here as well as a couple others who are more regular i.e. rabbit, Rock, etc) Cant give Peavy44 that benefit yet with his posting here in the past. 

What I believe you're missing is that peavy44 was not the source. He was just passing the source along. That said, you can still question the source all you want, but there is a big difference between a guy referencing an outside source and then imploding versus a guy making his own claims without outside support... and then imploding

• Like 1

Of course. Personally, I believe I do know who the friend is, but we indeed do not know if the person is telling the truth.

My point is that the demise of peavy has no bearing on the quality of the information he shared. He and the source are not connected in any way whatsoever. 

I agree, but I’d argue he did more to his own “demise” than anyone else here :) 

My take on the entire Harper saga is no one outside of Bryce and Boras know anything. Teams have submitted their initial pitches but as we all know, money will be the ultimate factor. And things can change in an instant. I get it, it’s fun to speculate and dream, there is no harm to it. But the current talk about what Bryce is “feeling” seems like more fiction than fact. Just my $0.02.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tony said:

My take on the entire Harper saga is no one outside of Bryce and Boras know anything. Teams have submitted their initial pitches but as we all know, money will be the ultimate factor. And things can change in an instant. I get it, it’s fun to speculate and dream, there is no harm to it. But the current talk about what Bryce is “feeling” seems like more fiction than fact. Just my $0.02.

Preach. 

10 minutes ago, Tony said:

Actually I disagree. I think the teams truly interested will offer very similar contracts, but where he wants to be will top the scales. The Sox and Phillies will match each other to get the game's most recognizable star. 

10 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

Actually I disagree. I think the teams truly interested will offer very similar contracts, but where he wants to be will top the scales. The Sox and Phillies will match each other to get the game's most recognizable star. 

Difference of opinion then. I believe someone will step up and make a ridiculous offer that truly can’t be turned down. 

12 minutes ago, Tony said:

Difference of opinion then. I believe someone will step up and make a ridiculous offer that truly can’t be turned down. 

That is usually how these work. Someone blows away the competition. Maybe it is JR. I do appreciate peavy44 sharing what he had, I just think some of it didn’t make sense. I once had a source and was ripped to no end. My source was indirectly JR’s son. I reported the Sox were after Tim Hudson back in the day. Sure enough about a half hour later , Hudson was sent to. Atlanta, so I was a bullshitter.