Jose Abreu

Morosi: White Sox interested in "both Machado and Harper"

1 hour ago, aeichhor said:

It's funny how all the tweets of the conference call at the time talked about Hahn going after the free agents, but not one of them included that he said "That doesn’t mean we can guarantee by any stretch that we’re going to convert on these targets.’’

2 hours ago, bmags said:

I’d like Chicago a lot too if I could skip nov-March.

Well it’s a good thing no MLB games are played during those months. Harper can live elsewhere during that time.

4 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Harper would be the Michael Jordan of the White Sox.  That’s got to be pretty alluring for a guy like him (assuming it comes with a $400M check).

I was told that ego things mean absolutely nothing on this board.

Responding to the potential interest in Marwin Gonzalez expressed in the Heyman article:

Not sure Gonzalez makes sense...but I thought he was older than 30 for some reason (actually 29, will turn 30 before next season).

Definitely could play OF and 1B/3B, veteran presence, lots of post-season experience, the whole question is whether he would be better off on a team that would be contending right away, versus two years from now.

Of course, the usual caveat, depends on years/$$$.  Buy on the dip, or buy into his "over-performance" run in 2017/18 being over?

Edited by caulfield12

I'm on a forum with fans of all teams, and I made a thread asking what team they think Harper will sign with. I got 20+ responses so far and not one of them said the Sox.

4 minutes ago, Whitesox27 said:

I'm on a forum with fans of all teams, and I made a thread asking what team they think Harper will sign with. I got 20+ responses so far and not one of them said the Sox.

You could do that on this forum and you might get the same result

• Like 1

Rabbit just retweeted his own tweet from a few years ago. Not sure if he’s trying to say anything...

47 minutes ago, iamshack said:

You could do that on this forum and you might get the same result

I would be one of those people who say the well never get Machado or Harper while they’re in their prime. 

If we sign either of them this year I’ll buy you all a beer on Opening Day. 

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

This raBBit tweet has definitely got me worried.  There is no poster more connected than him.

It has me excited. His original tweet was obvious sarcasm and I think him retweeting it is to prove how ludicrous that whole situation was

3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

This raBBit tweet has definitely got me worried.  There is no poster more connected than him.

Earlier today he responded to someone who asked if Sox are so confident in getting Harper that they are focused on him and not starting pitching, he said “no”

6 minutes ago, fathom said:

Earlier today he responded to someone who asked if Sox are so confident in getting Harper that they are focused on him and not starting pitching, he said “no”

I took that as they are not wearing Harper blinders and have multiple balls in the air. As they should.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

I took that as they are not wearing Harper blinders and have multiple balls in the air. As they should.

Having multiple balls in the air is retarded that kind of shit is what causes you to spend 80 million on Wei Yin Chen because the top FA wouldn't take your money.

Have your targets and if you don't get them move on and goto plan B. Personally plan B would be my plan A as this roster is nowhere ready to compete. 

Edited by wrathofhahn

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

If that were really going to stop Harper from signing with the Sox, he wouldn't be meeting with them.

Exactly

2 minutes ago, wrathofhahn said:

Having multiple balls in the air is dumb that kind of shit is what causes you to spend 80 million on Wei Yin Chen because the top FA wouldn't take your money.

Sure. Because having balls in the air automatically equates to blowing your wad on the runner up free agent as a consolation prize. I meant they are likely looking at pitching options, inning eaters, backup catchers, trade opportunities, buy low candidates etc. We know where you sit though. Your posts make it clear enough. FWIW if the Sox don't land Machado or Harper I hope they stay the rebuild course. No reason to jump the gun a la the Padres last year.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

Sure. Because having balls in the air automatically equates to blowing your wad on the runner up free agent as a consolation prize. I meant they are likely looking at pitching options, inning eaters, backup catchers, trade opportunities, buy low candidates etc. We know where you sit though. Your posts make it clear enough. FWIW if the Sox don't land Machado or Harper I hope they stay the rebuild course. No reason to jump the gun a la the Padres last year.

Bingo. This front office is smart enough to have multiple if/then plans going on at the same time, and have just stated if it isn't right, they aren't going to force it.

6 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Bingo. This front office is smart enough to have multiple if/then plans going on at the same time, and have just stated if it isn't right, they aren't going to force it.

I think they’ll force it way more than they did last offseason, as illustrated by Avi/Davidson and reports of them spending big.