2018-9 MLB off season free agency thread

southsider2k5

13 minutes ago, Whitesox27 said:

Yeah but I don't think they would get both if they signed Corbin. So the Sox would have a better chance to get whoever the Phillies don't sign.

Jon morosi said on MLB network the phillies sign a starting pitcher a  reliever and come back around see what Harper wants to do.

48 minutes ago, EvilJester99 said:

Bob Nightengale‏Verified account @BNightengale

Free agent center fielder A.J. Pollock is attracting plenty of interest, but he’s looking for close to Lorenzo Cain’s 5-year, $80 million deal with #Brewers in early talks with suitors.

So he's looking for $16M AAV.  I'd give Pollock 3 years and $48M in a heatbeat, maybe even bump up the AAV to $18M-$20M and try to get him for 2 years.  I am guessing he'll get at least 4 years, but the QO may hamper the market a bit.  Put him in CF in 2019, shift him to a corner when Robert/Basabe/Gonzalez/Rutherford/Adolfo push the issue.  

On 11/27/2018 at 11:47 AM, Sleepy Harold said:

I guess Corbin is in Philly today.

Meeting with the Yankees soon.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2018/11/phillies-rumors-patrick-corbin-meeting.html

I'd guess a decision is made by the start of the Winter Meetings (about 10 days from now).

Edited by soxfan2014