2018-9 MLB off season free agency thread

southsider2k5

1 hour ago, pcq said:

Exactly. They did not want to say torn hamstring.  

It was a gastroc not a hamstring. both of which are pretty serious but the gastroc can turn into an Achilles tendon rupture down the road if not treated properly

• Thanks 1

On 2/11/2019 at 4:27 PM, southsider2k5 said:

If his talent and love is football I get it but you can make money in baseball without the brain damage. Sounds like in his case it would take a few years to get there. I think we already did the football thingy in Soxorg. 

8 minutes ago, BigSexy23 said:

These twins contracts are kind of head scratchers to me....

Cost certainty going forward. I'm sure they're trying to lock up Barrios and Rosario as well.

Actually, just looked at Kepler's numbers. They probably could have waited another year to see how he does this year.

Edited by soxfan2014

50 minutes ago, BigSexy23 said:

These twins contracts are kind of head scratchers to me....

If you can get a guy who you have belief in to sign one of these, you do it every single time.  The cost savings at the end of it if a guy pans out is HUGE. If it doesn't, the numbers being talked about here aren't the backbreakers that failed free agents can be.

2 hours ago, soxfan2014 said:

Cost certainty going forward. I'm sure they're trying to lock up Barrios and Rosario as well.

Actually, just looked at Kepler's numbers. They probably could have waited another year to see how he does this year.

I doubt Rosario would be interested in a long term deal.  He's going to get paid in FA if he keeps pace of a his last couple seasons.  

3 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

If you can get a guy who you have belief in to sign one of these, you do it every single time.  The cost savings at the end of it if a guy pans out is HUGE. If it doesn't, the numbers being talked about here aren't the backbreakers that failed free agents can be.

They should have waited another year for both of these guys