Denard Span
ADam Jones
Jose Bautista
Evan Gattis
Gio Gonzalez
Clay Bucholz

All as free agents.

Incredible

Next year I think I'm going to pretend MLB offseason starts the day after NFL conference championship games. The way the past two offseasons have gone, I don't think I'll miss much.

2 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/adam-wainwight-possible-strike-im-worried-people-will-walk-midseason-013511013.html

Adam Wainright already speculating about a midseason player's strike THIS year.

But it's a long shot, more likely Dec. 1 2021, according  to the article.

He blames advanced analytics that shows long term big money deals aren't worth it. Too many front offices are using purely numbers to determine contracts and they don't look at the intangibles of the players enough.

19 minutes ago, ptatc said:

But it's a long shot, more likely Dec. 1 2021, according  to the article.

He blames advanced analytics that shows long term big money deals aren't worth it. Too many front offices are using purely numbers to determine contracts and they don't look at the intangibles of the players enough.

Exhibit 1 would be $39 million paid to Adam in his mid 30's for past accomplishments with the Cardinals.

5 hours ago, bschmaranz said:

He's a righty?  How can he disgrace his dad like that?

5 hours ago, bschmaranz said:

He's a righty?  How can he disgrace his dad like that?

Shouldn’t the odds of a lefty having a lefty son be something like 1-3 out of 100?

1/10 x 1/10=1/100

I guess there’s a way to train a switch hitter or make a kid close to ambidextrous, but doubt it’s easy to override the naturally dominant hand.

(Yes, I realize the comment was more sarcastic than anything...)

18 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Shouldn’t the odds of a lefty having a lefty son be something like 1-3 out of 100?

1/10 x 1/10=1/100

I guess there’s a way to train a switch hitter or make a kid close to ambidextrous, but doubt it’s easy to override the naturally dominant hand.

My Dad is 100% ambidextrous.  You can thank the catholic school system in the 60s for that.  Natural lefty, wasn't able to use it in grammar school.

7 minutes ago, bschmaranz said:

My Dad is 100% ambidextrous.  You can thank the catholic school system in the 60s for that.  Natural lefty, wasn't able to use it in grammar school.

Me too. I've still got little scars on my left hand from those metal edged rulers which  they used to whack my hand.

30 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

1/10 x 1/10=1/100

Depends on his mom. Righty is the dominant. If his mom is right handed the chances are the kid will be right handed. It's genetics not math unless you count the alleles in his genetic code.

33 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

1/10 x 1/10=1/100

Where does the other 1/10 come from? 1/2 chance at a son and 1/10 chance at him being a lefty coming out to 1 in 20, no? 

5 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

Really? The Indians, who's OF might be the worst in baseball next year, couldn't beat that? haha

Their outfield is so bad lol...maybe they will get Carlos Gonzalez, Denard Span, Marwin Gonzalez, or Adam Jones? Only guys that are worth getting

1 minute ago, BigSexy23 said:

Their outfield is so bad lol...maybe they will get Carlos Gonzalez, Denard Span, Marwin Gonzalez, or Adam Jones? Only guys that are worth getting

Yeah Span was still productive last year. He's likely only a corner guy now. They should go with whoever their best defensive CF in-house currently is and then 2 of the above. I think Marwin may be a little too expensive for them though.