2018-9 MLB off season free agency thread

southsider2k5

2 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

Something going on in Red Sox camp according to media. Sounds grim but no real further news

I hate that i have to think this way, but it's still of the normal baseball variety (injuries, etc) and not something tragic right?

3 minutes ago, bmags said:

I hate that i have to think this way, but it's still of the normal baseball variety (injuries, etc) and not something tragic right?

I think it's worse than an injury given how it's being reported. They cancelled planned media sessions this morning and had a team meeting where the players walked out "somber".

4 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

I think it's worse than an injury given how it's being reported. They cancelled planned media sessions this morning and had a team meeting where the players walked out "somber".

Thanks, and thanks fathom for clarification. Always sad to hear.

Keuchel... Should we? Buster Olney's new article today shows a very limited market with no one wanting to pay or go long term. 

Should Sox be aggressive and offer 5/70? Value would be tremendous and he would lead the team the next few seasons and be on the team during contention window. At worst...he is a #3 on this team in a couple years and maybe can help mentor the young guns. 

I know 5/70 is probably unrealistic, so let's say 5/80 max offer. Just seems solid to me. Thoughts? 

Edited by EloyJenkins
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

Keuchel... Should we? Buster Olney's new article today shows a very limited market with no one wanting to pay or go long term. 

Should Sox be aggressive and offer 5/70? Value would be tremendous and he would lead the team the next few seasons and be on the team during contention window. At worst...he is a #3 on this team in a couple years and maybe can help mentor the young guns. 

I know 5/70 is probably unrealistic, so let's say 5/80 max offer. Just seems solid to me. Thoughts? 

Stay Far away. Keuchel is the next Shields. 

11 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

Someone is going to end up with Kuechel on a steal and be very pleased in my opinion.

Edited by Orlando
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Orlando said:

Someone is going to end up with Kuechel on a steal and be very pleased in my opinion.

I agree, but the overall industry consensus being as apprehensive as the internet does make me question it. Though, I think 3 for 60 is the fulcrum for me. Below that and you've accounted for risk well, at it and its meh, above it and its going to be tough to move if it goes south.

3/54 gives him slightly over his QO with 3 years of security. The draft pick sucks though. 

19 hours ago, EloyJenkins said:

Run away as fast as you can, velocity decline, throw to contact / "grounder" pitcher at Gtd HR Field = bad idea

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, shago said:

Run away as fast as you can, velocity decline, throw to contact / "grounder" pitcher at Gtd HR Field = bad idea

I do not see Keuchel getting 5 years at this point. a 3-4 year deal is far more likely. Qualifying offer hurts his value.