southsider2k5

2018-9 MLB off season free agency thread

1 hour ago, drgiggles15 said:

How does everyone feel about Sale coming back? Were there burned bridges between him and the fans/management? Would everyone want him back?

Yes I think the bridges were burned between him in management.

I would not be mad about the concept of him coming back if the org could get around that. However...

2 years ago at this time people were saying "we need more hitters" because we had traded for so much pitching. Next year's rotation has potentially Rodon, Kopech, Lopez, Giolito, Dunning, and Cease already, and that's assuming no one else has a good year. At some point, we have to sink or swim with these guys. So...there's  pitching available next offseason but I'm not sure the fit is right. We'll see how this year goes.

• Haha 1

If Dodgers sign Pollock that has to take them 100% out of the Harper Sweepstakes.

Nationals have no legitimate chance either.

The Harper sweepstakes is really going to come down to the Phillies and White Sox as I've stated before. Phillies with the hedge since we will likely sign Machado and won't put up a ton of money like they do. I think Harper is better off here tho since the AL has the DH.

CWS sign RHP Mac Welsh who pitched in one college game. Hilarious. Maybe he won a bottle cap contest? 

2 minutes ago, pcq said:

CWS sign RHP Mac Welsh who pitched in one college game. Hilarious. Maybe he won a bottle cap contest? 

I'm guessing it's someone who has really taken to a data-driven approach to pitching and has worked with some cutting edge programs. There is a story about a 38 year old who hasnt pitched in 10 years getting his arm up to 98 MPH through all the new approaches to science based pitching.

22 minutes ago, pcq said:

Either another Disney movie or he’s really good at water polo?

And we share the same birthday and an affinity for The Sandlot, lol.  Went to Louisville, got into one game his senior year.

Majoring in mechanical engineering... After college, he wants to work in space exploration... Person with the greatest influence on his athletic career was his dad, who has always provided what he has needed to practice... Hobbies and interests include disc golf and fishing... Favorite movie is The Sandlot... Favorite TV show is Scrubs... Favorite athlete is Mike Trout... Favorite cereal is Cracklin’ Oat Bran... Favorite candy bar is Snickers... Favorite food is chicken parmesan... Favorite team is the Cincinnati Reds... Favorite restaurant is Chipotle... Earned a score of 33 on his ACT... His father Chris played professional baseball from 1977-87 and is now a sportscaster for the Cincinnati Reds.

Edited by caulfield12