2018-9 MLB off season free agency thread

southsider2k5

5 hours ago, TheTruth05 said:

How this guy continues to get work is baffling to me. I understand Detroit is rebuilding but they have to have someone in AAA that can be a late inning glove.

It's a minor league deal, and he was a beast in AAA last year. Guessing he's more of an insurance policy

5 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

Both teams playing in Japan for the Japan series in March get to carry 28 guys. This is a move for that (it was rumored a few weeks/month ago that this would happen).

From what I've read and heard on a couple podcasts, he intends on playing the full season.

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

$1.5M?  Are you serious?

$1.5M base, incentives up to $5M. 

Wow - I know both of us really like Pomeranz for this team.  Just don't get why we wouldn't gamble on something this cheap.  Sox seem pretty content in rolling with one Banuelos/Covey/Stephens/Adams for the 5th spot.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Wow - I know both of us really like Pomeranz for this team.  Just don't get why we wouldn't gamble on something this cheap.  Sox seem pretty content in rolling with one Banuelos/Covey/Stephens/Adams for the 5th spot.  

If a guy is trying to re-establish himself, pitching in the NL in SF is far more desirable than pitching in the bandbox on the South Side vs. AL opponents.

• Like 1

On 1/23/2019 at 12:02 PM, ChiSox59 said:

That is more than likely a recipe for disaster.  

7 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

If a guy is trying to re-establish himself, pitching in the NL in SF is far more desirable than pitching in the bandbox on the South Side vs. AL opponents.

No doubt, but I doubt he'd leave $4-5M guaranteed on the table.