southsider2k5

2018-9 MLB off season free agency thread

36 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Hopefully they spend a lot of money on him.

I don't think it matters they can still fit Harper in there budget.

44 minutes ago, Whitesox27 said:

Corbin to the Phillies would be great for the Sox. 

They could easily still afford Machado or Harper. Would also fit in line with the owner's "spending stupid" comment.

Just now, soxfan2014 said:

They could easily still afford Machado or Harper. Would also fit in line with the owner's "spending stupid" comment.

Yeah but I don't think they would get both if they signed Corbin. So the Sox would have a better chance to get whoever the Phillies don't sign.

13 minutes ago, Whitesox27 said:

Yeah but I don't think they would get both if they signed Corbin. So the Sox would have a better chance to get whoever the Phillies don't sign.

Jon morosi said on MLB network the phillies sign a starting pitcher a  reliever and come back around see what Harper wants to do.

8 minutes ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

"Jesse Chavez just told a few of his teammates "If I'm not wearing this next year –points to Cubs logo on shirt– I'm done." "

"Money talks." ~ Jesse Chavez, probably

Edited by Sleepy Harold
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, peavy44 said:

Jon morosi said on MLB network the phillies sign a starting pitcher a  reliever and come back around see what Harper wants to do.

I actually expect us to do something similar.  Address our pitching needs while we wait on the whales to make a decision.

20 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I actually expect us to do something similar.  Address our pitching needs while we wait on the whales to make a decision.

Well we not going to spend stupid money though.

Bob Nightengale‏Verified account @BNightengale

Free agent center fielder A.J. Pollock is attracting plenty of interest, but he’s looking for close to Lorenzo Cain’s 5-year, $80 million deal with #Brewers in early talks with suitors.

48 minutes ago, EvilJester99 said:

Bob Nightengale‏Verified account @BNightengale

Free agent center fielder A.J. Pollock is attracting plenty of interest, but he’s looking for close to Lorenzo Cain’s 5-year, $80 million deal with #Brewers in early talks with suitors.

So he's looking for $16M AAV.  I'd give Pollock 3 years and $48M in a heatbeat, maybe even bump up the AAV to $18M-$20M and try to get him for 2 years.  I am guessing he'll get at least 4 years, but the QO may hamper the market a bit.  Put him in CF in 2019, shift him to a corner when Robert/Basabe/Gonzalez/Rutherford/Adolfo push the issue.  

1 minute ago, ChiSox59 said:

Hopefully this offseason is less of a snoozer than last.  Pretty boring so far.  

For the White Sox or MLB in general? It's only the first month of the off-season. I'd still consider it early.

1 minute ago, soxfan2014 said:

For the White Sox or MLB in general? It's only the first month of the off-season. I'd still consider it early.

Things really don't get going until the winter meetings.