2018-9 MLB off season free agency thread

southsider2k5

8 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Seeing what the Mets gave up to get a similar deal with Cano done, I am no longer interested in a Greinke deal.

The only reason the Mets are giving up two legit prospects is that the Mariners are eating over 75% of Cano's deal, if the news that the Mets will get $60M and the Mariners are taking both Bruce and Swarzak.  

3 minutes ago, turnin' two said:

And the All Star closer, that saved nearly 60 games.

Right, but if the Mets were eating Cano's deal, there wouldn't be big names prospects going back.  It'd be a salary dump, and the Mariners would need to add a guy like Diaz just to even it out.  

22 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Justin Morneau said he hated the Sox and would never play for us (like Jesse Crain did) once upon a time...

Morneau fills in on play by play for the Twins.  He speaks very highly of his time with the Sox, even as a close to Twins lifer.  Basically said..."I know you all want me to hate the White Sox, but I had a fantastic experience with them, and I think very highly of the White Sox". 

8 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Morneau fills in on play by play for the Twins.  He speaks very highly of his time with the Sox, even as a close to Twins lifer.  Basically said..."I know you all want me to hate the White Sox, but I had a fantastic experience with them, and I think very highly of the White Sox". 

Take that, Eaton