Rick Renteria Signs Contract Extension, length unknown

Sleepy Harold

2 minutes ago, steveno89 said:

Does this really matter all that much? Sox can fire him if they decide to go in a different direction, and I doubt Renteria is expensive. 

In fairness he deserves a better roster to prove himself with 

I'd have to agree.  maybe it's just for a couple seasons when the team should have real talent on it, then they'll evaluate and see how well he performs with a roster full of major league quality players.

Joe Maddon sits across town having to endure a lame duck year after being to the playoffs four years in a row and winning a world series but Ricky gets the comfort of an extension?  Strange world.

I doubt there was anyone beating down the door to get him if he didn't have an extension.  Maybe they think it gives them an advantage in FA to let a player know there is a consistency in management

• Like 1

I can't wait for Anderson and Moncada to be benched for no reason while guys who actually aren't hustling get rewarded. I would be fine with his system if he were consistent, but he tends to bench his better players for crimes that are far less egregious than what the rest of the team does. 

24 minutes ago, Superstar Lamar said:

Joe Maddon sits across town having to endure a lame duck year after being to the playoffs four years in a row and winning a world series but Ricky gets the comfort of an extension?  Strange world.

I doubt there was anyone beating down the door to get him if he didn't have an extension.  Maybe they think it gives them an advantage in FA to let a player know there is a consistency in management

Hopefully they locked up Steverson for a few more years as well. The way teams are going through hitting coaches, you know letting him get close to being a free agent would be a costly mistake. Trick’s boys don’t hit.

Edited by Dick Allen