aeichhor

White sox active in starting pitching market

3 minutes ago, Whitesox27 said:

I will be so angry if the Sox use their limited financial resources on Corbin instead of Machado or Harper.

I don't think is a one or the other. Seems like they may be spending this year. 

3 minutes ago, Whitesox27 said:

I will be so angry if the Sox use their limited financial resources on Corbin instead of Machado or Harper.

In what world are their financial resources limited? They have cap space galore.

1 minute ago, Hot FiRe said:

In what world are their financial resources limited? They have cap space galore.

I meant in the sense that if they give 100+ million to Corbin, the odds of getting Harper or Machado are significantly slimmer. 

8 minutes ago, Whitesox27 said:

No way. No one of that caliber. Think more Gio Gonzalez (which is who I'm expecting).

They have a 13ish million payroll right now before arbitration. They have alot of money to spend now and less on the records in the future. 

1 hour ago, Whitesox27 said:

I meant in the sense that if they give 100+ million to Corbin, the odds of getting Harper or Machado are significantly slimmer. 

If they spend 100+ million on Corbin, I think the odds of getting Harper or Machado stay the same. Actually, the odds might even slightly increase.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, SoxBlanco said:

If they spend 100+ million on Corbin, I think the odds of getting Harper or Machado stay the same. Actually, the odds might even slightly increase.

Honestly I think the order is different,  but I said a few months ago that if they got a top guy, the odds of signing more free agents goes up, not down. If they sign Machado, they move the timeline forward.  If not, they stick with the old timeline. 

Happ signing would be a win/win IMO. If we get Machado it gives us a solid rotation piece and if we don't get Machado it still gives us a vet that we can flip if he performs similar to last year. 

Seems like a huge regression candidate and huge overpay candidate to me but hopefully the price is lower than I think. 

15 minutes ago, bmags said:

It’s hard to be, but one Is most stay away from is Eovaldi.

the starting version of Brandon Morrow

18 minutes ago, Jerksticks said:

Think Corbin is a good bet to give close to 600 IP the next three years?

his extreme slider usage is scary