White sox active in starting pitching market

Whisox05

I’m one of the minority that would happily pay the Keuchel price.(if we sign a whale) Lefty Control pitchers often age better and as a fellow bearded man it would just fill my with joy seeing that beard in our jerseys. 😂

Edited by Colinski
Adding a note

15 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

Keuchel was such a disappointing fantasy keeper last year. Don't think I'm keeping him this year. 

I’m only in one league these days, a 12 team dynasty. No tough roster choices as you can keep everyone, so I’ll defo be holding and hoping for a rebound. He’s not a great K guy tho is he even when he is at his peak 

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, SoxBlanco said:

Assuming our 5th starter had to come from one of these six options, rank your order of preference:

1. Dylan Covey

2. Manny Banuelos

3. Gio Gonzalez

4. Clay Buchholz

5. Wade Miley

6. James Shields

1. Wade Miley

2. Gio Gonzalez

3. Clay Buccholz

4. Manny Banuelos

5. Dylan Covey

6. Fifty feet of dirt

7. James Shields

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

saw this was bumped. Here is the fangraphs best available list. It is a bummer on how little impact remains available outside of Keuchel. 

Screen Shot 2019-01-24 at 11.01.54 AM.png

Not that I would want him, but Perez is off the board to MN as well now. 

I think 100% we add a SP..  HOWEVER, I think it is completely contingent on bringing in Machado.  We won't sign any until that's clarified.  If we sign him we immediately sign Keuchel I think.  If we miss on Machado, I think we just sign some bottom feeder, like a guy like Buchholz or Fister or dare I say, Shields, 

10 minutes ago, Nardiwashere said:

Who do you include on this list?

That entire AAA list essentially. Adams, guerrero, stephens, banuelos, paulino, whomever. That was (3/5s of it anyway) a group that 2 years ago everyone would have thought a 5th starter could be made out of, with the possible exception of stephens, they've all stalled. Well, last year to see if it's possible they are more than meets the eye.

edit: I was definitely remembering ricardo pinto not paulino, pinto was released I guess.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/24/2019 at 9:10 AM, cjgalloway said:

I think 100% we add a SP..  HOWEVER, I think it is completely contingent on bringing in Machado.  We won't sign any until that's clarified.  If we sign him we immediately sign Keuchel I think.  If we miss on Machado, I think we just sign some bottom feeder, like a guy like Buchholz or Fister or dare I say, Shields, 

Might not be anyone left when Machado signs. Buchholz wasn't a bottom feeder . He had a 3.0 bWAR in only 98 IP last year but his season started May 20 and ended Sept 13 because of injury but he was damn good when he was pitching. Season ended after he had a right elbow flexor strain. He also missed almost all of 2017 with the Phillies due to a partial tear in his right flexor tendon  so he is made of glass .

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside