Sick of This

Chisoxfn

I don't know what else to say. I go away for two freaking hours to study for my law test and I come back to umteen private messages and emails about s*** going lose. I was hoping when I left that things had calmed down, people were able to make their statement and that it was clear that attacking a person or accusing them wouldn't be tolerated.

I don't give a rats ass what your view is. You can have whatever damn view you want, but when your view changes to name calling and blatantly attacking them, it won't be tolerated.

This is a place of free speach, but libel won't be tolerated. People accusing of someone being gay ain't cool. Who the hell cares..he's hear to post about the Sox, not tell ya his sexual preference and if he wants to tell ya he likes girls or he likes guys thats his perrogative. You don't need to constantly scrutinize and attack that person and blatantly accuse him or any other person. Not only is he called gay, but he's called a pedophile, aids infected and many other things. Thats disgraceful to accuse someone of that.

I don't think anyone would want to be called that especially when their is no base for those comments to be made. Those type of comments aren't for here. This is a board where you can post about any issue you want to, but I want to make it VERY CLEAR that personal attacks won't be tolerated...whatsoever.

If someone goes out and clearly attacks a person they will be suspended. Discuss the issues, don't bash on the person. I'm not going to play favorites. I see everyones points of views in this situation and have heard from a lot of people.

I'm more then willing to hear what you think as this is a place where you can openly express your points of views. If you want to call me a dick, go for it, I don't care. The point is people shouldn't be called names for no particular reason, especially if they don't appreciate it. If its a simple joke, big deal, but none of those words were uttered in a joke.

Once again..I could give a damn whether you love gays, are gay or hate gays...thats your freaking opinion, but don't call attack people or accuse them of something when they are blatant untruths.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know what else to say.  I go away for two freaking hours to study for my law test and I come back to umteen private messages and emails about s*** going lose.  I was hoping when I left that things had calmed down, people were able to make their statement and that it was clear that attacking  a person or accusing them wouldn't be tolerated. 

I don't give a rats ass what your view is.  You can have whatever damn view you want, but when your view changes to name calling and blatantly attacking them, it won't be tolerated.

This is a place of free speach, but libel won't be tolerated.  People accusing of someone being gay ain't cool.  Who the hell cares..he's hear to post about the Sox, not tell ya his sexual preference and if he wants to tell ya he likes girls or he likes guys thats his perrogative.  You don't need to constantly scrutinize and attack that person and blatantly accuse him or any other person.  Not only is he called gay, but he's called a pedophile, aids infected and many other things.  Thats disgraceful to accuse someone of that. 

I don't think anyone would want to be called that especially when their is no base for those comments to be made.  Those type of comments aren't for here.  This is a board where you can post about any issue you want to, but I want to make it VERY CLEAR that personal attacks won't be tolerated...whatsoever.

If someone goes out and clearly attacks a person they will be suspended.  Discuss the issues, don't bash on the person.  I'm not going to play favorites.  I see everyones points of views in this situation and have heard from a lot of people. 

I'm more then willing to hear what you think as this is a place where you can openly express your points of views.  If you want to call me a dick, go for it, I don't care.  The point is people shouldn't be called names for no particular reason, especially if they don't appreciate it.  If its a simple joke, big deal, but none of those words were uttered in a joke. 

Once again..I could give a damn whether you love gays, are gay or hate gays...thats your freaking opinion, but don't call attack people or accuse them of something when they are blatant untruths.

LOL, psycho.

:)

I don't know what else to say.  I go away for two freaking hours to study for my law test and I come back to umteen private messages and emails about s*** going lose.  I was hoping when I left that things had calmed down, people were able to make their statement and that it was clear that attacking  a person or accusing them wouldn't be tolerated. 

I don't give a rats ass what your view is.  You can have whatever damn view you want, but when your view changes to name calling and blatantly attacking them, it won't be tolerated.

This is a place of free speach, but libel won't be tolerated.  People accusing of someone being gay ain't cool.  Who the hell cares..he's hear to post about the Sox, not tell ya his sexual preference and if he wants to tell ya he likes girls or he likes guys thats his perrogative.  You don't need to constantly scrutinize and attack that person and blatantly accuse him or any other person.  Not only is he called gay, but he's called a pedophile, aids infected and many other things.  Thats disgraceful to accuse someone of that. 

I don't think anyone would want to be called that especially when their is no base for those comments to be made.  Those type of comments aren't for here.  This is a board where you can post about any issue you want to, but I want to make it VERY CLEAR that personal attacks won't be tolerated...whatsoever.

If someone goes out and clearly attacks a person they will be suspended.  Discuss the issues, don't bash on the person.  I'm not going to play favorites.  I see everyones points of views in this situation and have heard from a lot of people. 

I'm more then willing to hear what you think as this is a place where you can openly express your points of views.  If you want to call me a dick, go for it, I don't care.  The point is people shouldn't be called names for no particular reason, especially if they don't appreciate it.  If its a simple joke, big deal, but none of those words were uttered in a joke. 

Yes sir. :o :ph34r: :begood

Guest hotsoxchick1

as has been suggested many times in the past and will be suggested many times over im sure... if you dont like what is said dont read it.. its that easy.. point, click and bypass.......saves yourself alot of aggervation and emotion........ ;)

as has been suggested many times in the past and will be suggested many times over im sure... if you dont like what is said dont read it.. its that easy.. point, click and bypass.......saves yourself alot of aggervation and emotion........ ;)

I suggested that on page one............. :rolleyes:

Unfortunately, it had to come to this. We didn't want to do it, but some have taken the freedom a little too far and have wrongfully and purposely ripped some board members because of their sexulal prefrences.

And even though I'm all for freedom of speech and saying whatever the hell you want, I could only let someone do it for so long.

this doesn't in anyway mean we are gonna ban people left and right and be biased in doing so, all this means is that if you continually criticize someone because of their color, religion or sexulality, you leave us no choice but to ban you, which is something we NEVER wanted this board to lead to.

Once again, this doesn't stop you from speaking your mind. You can tell anyone on here, including mods, to f*** off or whatever words you'd like to use, but please don't, as jason said, don't attack people based on their race, religion or sexuality.

as has been suggested many times in the past and will be suggest many times over im sure... if you dont like what is said dont read it.. its that easy.. point, click and bypass.......saves yourself alot of aggervation and emotion........ ;)

Thank you, Michelle.

If any of the babies on here can't handle the truth, stay out of the thread. And it's funny, but the people that were being "attacked" continued to read the posts. That tells me that either 1) it wasn't bothering them, and/or 2) they've learned to accept reality.

Limiting what someone can say = bulls***.

Guest hotsoxchick1
Thank you, Michelle.

If any of the babies on here can't handle the truth, stay out of the thread.  And it's funny, but the people that were being "attacked" continued to read the posts.  That tells me that either 1) it wasn't bothering them, and/or 2) they've learned to accept reality.

Limiting what someone can say = bulls***.

well wether it truth or otherwise.. i just think it the better thing to do, stay clear of that which is gonna cause your emotions to raise and say something you may regret later on.....see when things get shut down it only causes another thread to open up and the whole can of worms starts over again.......but of course no one has realized that or it wouldnt keep happening over an over again........thats just mho though......

we aren't doing this because we are control or power freaks/geeks, we are doing this because dickheads like you are taking things way too f***ing far.

intentionally and deliberately knocking someone down because of their way of life, not with the intent to joke, but to simply be a prick is just flat out wrong and immoral.

this has nothing to do with power, it has to do with morals and respect. anyone on this board can tell me or anyone to go f*** themselves and they know we won't give a rats ass, but what you have said is just wrong.

hitler.gif

:rolleyes:

Nice, reallllll nice.

Im so glad this is allowed to go on.

As am I. This is a good website, but the moment its administrators start trying to restrict what its members can say, it will lose all that is good about it.

Clu, they really aren't restricting are freedom of speech. The 1st amendment doesn't give you the right to slander other people. I can respect them trying to stop that even though I don't necessarily agree with them closing the threads.

Guest hotsoxchick1
I can respect them trying to stop that even though I don't necessarily agree with them closing the threads.

i agree whole heartedly.... closin only brings on more troubles and more threads of the same topic.....leave it all in one place and it will go down into the archives soon enough.......

why don't you just shut the f*** up for once idiot.

we aren't doing this because we are control or power freaks/geeks, we are doing this because dickheads like you are taking things way too f***ing far.

intentionally and deliberately knocking someone down because of their way of life, not with the intent to joke, but to simply be a prick is just flat out wrong and immoral. 

this has nothing to do with power, it has to do with morals and respect.  anyone on this board can tell me or anyone to go f*** themselves and they know we won't give a rats ass, but what you have said is just wrong.

I need clarification.....isnt this an "attack"?

we aren't gonna close threads or delete posts, but if someone continually acts like a prick, we'll have to deal with that poster in time.

it is freedom of speech, and like you said, no freedom to slander.

we aren't gonna close threads or delete posts, but if someone continually acts like a prick, we'll have to deal with that poster in time.

But threads were closed. :huh:

Hypocrisy. :rolleyes:

But threads were closed. :huh:

I closed them in fear that things were getting well out of hand. Last night I had no problem with everyone discussing the issues as it was very civilized. Then today and now tonight too many personal attacks occured.

Whether I'm right or wrong, its the stance I'm gonna take. These personal attacks have to stop.

Like I've said numerous times now, you are entitled to any damn opinion you want. If you want to call us admins...nazi's go for it, it won't bother us. I think were far from it, but thats cool...its anyones right as a poster

*whitsoxfan99, just want to make it clear I'm not directing this at you..just saying in general*

I love this website, I really do. Ive also been "attacked" many times, but I choose not to cry and point each one out. I do think the mods and admins are trying to do whats best, and ive asked this earlier, but cant we all just drop this???

I would love to drop this stuff BMR, but for me it seems as though this has been an issue that we've dropped a few times already.

No i didnt mean your end, I mean all the constand whining crying and fighting from the members...............i apologized to CW earlier and backed out of it. I did that out of respect to Jas, but others, and i might point out INCLUDING cw, keep bringing it back...........if he doesnt liked to be attacked, back off and report it, that simple.

No i didnt mean your end, I mean all the constand whining crying and fighting from the members...............i apologized to CW earlier and backed out of it.  I did that out of respect to Jas, but others, and i might point out INCLUDING cw, keep bringing it back...........if he doesnt liked to be attacked, back off and report it, that simple.

Thats against human nature, if someone calls you a crackhead (you did apologize but still) you're going to defend yourself.