White Sox Bryce Harper FA pitch spoiler?

Sockin

8 minutes ago, Whitesox27 said:

I asked this like a week ago, but what do you think the odds are of the Sox getting Machado or Harper at this very moment?

For me:

Machado: 35%

Harper: 25%

this should probably be a site poll.

6 minutes ago, bmags said:

this should probably be a site poll.

Yeah with the question being: Who do you think the Sox will sign? The guy in the MLBTR chat the other day point out that trying to put odds on this stuff is weird because how can one possibly quantify odds or percentages on something like this?

I'm clearly not an accountant or anything....

Edited by soxfan2014

2 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

Yeah with the question being: Who do you think the Sox will sign? The guy in the MLBTR chat the other day point out that trying to put odds on this stuff is weird because how can one possibly quantify odds or percentages on something like this?

I'm clearly not an accountant or anything....

I actually think it's kinda easy.

One, do you think the sox have a better chance than the field for either? If so it should be greater than 50% for a player

But then if it's sox are favorite, but phillies second favorite, is it 45 to 40? then the rest is only 15%

Are sox in a group of evenly distributed odds but a player? probably 25-35%

4 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

There’s multiple reasons, but the main one is I think he’s the one guy who can actually change the trajectory of the organization.  He’d add a level of excitement & fan interest unlike any other player and I truly believe we could use that right now.

I think Machado would do the same, and doesn't carry the same injury and inconsistency risks, not to mention he plays the one position this team has no answers for in the rebuild (3B).