Michael Brantley to Astros 2/32M

Jose Abreu

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Sign all the free agents?

Obviously no... but something historic is very possible.

When is the last time you can recall that this teams payroll commitment was ~15% of league average going into an offseason?

Edited by hi8is

7 minutes ago, fathom said:

hypothetically if you sign him, that would mean no Bryce obviously.  Would hope Manny is in play

I wouldn’t think that to be an obvious assumption.

2B - Moncada

LF - Brantley 

CF - Harper

RF - Eloy

1B - Abreu 

DH - Palka / Davidson

3B - Sanchez

C - Navarro / Castillo

SS - Anderson  

Edited by hi8is

1 minute ago, Tony said:

After losing 100 games, spending significant money on a 31 year old outfielder doesn't seem ideal...

One concern I have is that he’s bad on defense and limited to LF.  That would force Eloy to RF which isn’t ideal.  To be honest, he seems like a great fit for Braves to replace Markakis.

Just now, bmags said:

I never really thought brantley would get that much. I like him though. Surprised he'd be an early signing.

Brantley is a good player when healthy for sure, and would come much cheaper than Harper. I would imagine a realistic Sox plan would revolve around Brantley, a starting pitcher or two and bullpen help.

4 minutes ago, steveno89 said:

Brantley is a good player when healthy for sure, and would come much cheaper than Harper. I would imagine a realistic Sox plan would revolve around Brantley, a starting pitcher or two and bullpen help.

Which certainly doesn't move the needle much for the future, and puts basically all of our eggs in the sign Arenado or Rendon basket.  

23 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I don’t know what to believe anymore.

Believe it all. Just because they could be targeting a bunch of guys doesn't mean they intend on signing them all. Like looking for a corner OF bat, they would obviously grab one and stop pursing others. Off-season talks are always fluid and things are always changing.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ChiSox59 said:

Which certainly doesn't move the needle much for the future, and puts basically all of our eggs in the sign Arenado or Rendon basket.  

Yeah would be a good complimentary signing but would hope he’s not main acquisition