• 0-10%
    • 11-20%
    • 21-30%
    • 31-40%
    • 41-50%
    • 51-60%
    • 61-99% (clear favorites)
    • 100%

I am hoping for some sort of miracle, but doubtful. O-10, a lot closer to 0 for either. Both is even closer to 0. 

I do think signing Harper might be worth more to the White Sox than any other franchise. He puts them and keeps them on the map more than any other player IMO.even Mike Trout,  he honestly might be worth $40 million a year to them, but I can not see JR going there.

Edited by Dick Allen

I think Harper slightly more, but eother one is only 20%.

If Wash offered 30 for 10. Id offer 35 for 5, with opt out. But also give Sox a right to opt back in for an additional $5 mil per year. Which would mean 40mil at year 6. Maybe throw in some escalators as well.

Im not sure ive ever seen a contract structured that way in sports, but it works in theory.

Edited by Soxbadger

18 minutes ago, Soxbadger said:

I think Harper slightly more, but eother one is only 20%.

If Wash offered 30 for 10. Id offer 30 for 5, with opt out. But also give Sox a right to opt back in for an additional $5 mil per year. Which would mean 40mil at year 6. Maybe throw in some escalators as well.

Im not sure ive ever seen a contract structured that way in sports, but it works in theory.

I think Boras is aiming for Harper to be the highest AAV player in baseball. He'd have to beat Kershaw with that so I'm expecting minimum $35M AAV for him., years and opt outs debatable.

I’d say Harper is worth $300M in baseball value and another $100M in star power value.  Just having him signed up would boost tv and attendance by at least 10% ( $20M per year)  Manny doesn’t have that kind of star power  

Harper might take $50M x 4, $35M x 6  4 yr opt out = $410M. I don’t think the Sox will be outbid except maybe the Cardinals  Sox have a better future than the Phils  Most others won’t pony up  Sleeping giant here on the South Side  

Chances I’ll put at 25%  

On 11/8/2018 at 6:25 PM, Dick Allen said:

I am hoping for some sort of miracle, but doubtful. O-10, a lot closer to 0 for either. Both is even closer to 0. 

I do think signing Harper might be worth more to the White Sox than any other franchise. He puts them and keeps them on the map more than any other player IMO.even Mike Trout,  he honestly might be worth $40 million a year to them, but I can not see JR going there.

Meh, he paid Michael Jordan.  Jerry would probably pay the best player in the sport (the best any of us has ever seen) what he's worth.