Cubs Open to Trading Kris Bryant

GGajewski18

12 minutes ago, Dam8610 said:

Why? They'd want Eloy back. To start.

Doesn't hurt to ask.. but that team needs to extend Kris too. Don't think they'd net THAT big of a prospect for him. Maybe more in the Robert/Madrigal range. For the record, I think he goes nowhere as Theo refuses to call anyone untouchable anyways.

Edited by SoxAce
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Doesn't hurt to ask.. but that team needs to extend Kris too. Don't think they'd net THAT big of a prospect for him. Maybe more in the Madrigal range. For the record, I think he goes nowhere as Theo refuses to call anyone untouchable anyways.

Bryant would most definitely return a package featuring a prospect like Eloy. 3 years of control left.

6 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Doesn't hurt to ask.. but that team needs to extend Kris too. Don't think they'd net THAT big of a prospect for him. Maybe more in the Madrigal range. 

There would've been riots in the streets if that was all the White Sox got for Sale. I have to believe Bryant has similar value.

1 minute ago, Dam8610 said:

There would've been riots in the streets if that was all the White Sox got for Sale. I have to believe Bryant has similar value.

Theo traded Dylan Cease and Eloy for Q. There isn't a chance in hell he would trade Bryant for less than that return. Probably would even be more.

14 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

I'd guess a trade of Bryant would give them a chance to sign Harper, since they obviously wouldn't need to worry about extending Bryant anymore?

Bryant and Harper have the same agent. If the Cubs are thinking of trading Bryant its because they cant sign either of them.

While it would be difficult to lose Eloy, you have to admit it would be pretty hilarious looking back that it a straight up Quintana for Bryant trade is realistic with the pieces involved. Cubs fans would have been laughing their asses off at that idea a year ago. 

But not sure many teams could beat Eloy + Cease + 2 orgs

7 minutes ago, Dam8610 said:

Funny to think, if a rebuilding team had a Kris Bryant and was actively trying to move him, it would probably require a package of:

Eloy

Cease

Another prospect in our 20ish range like a Konnor Pilkington.

The Sox basically got this for Q. Amazing.

Edited by KrankinSox

Just now, Whitesox27 said:

I don't understand what the point of signing Harper would be if they're going to trade Bryant.

I mean the net between their two salaries next year is going to be absolutely insane, so much so that the added value of whatever prospects would be involved make it a wash at LEAST. And that's just year one.

Now, that said, the perfect team for this is the braves. And hooo boy an infield of Freeman, Swanson, Albies, Bryant with an OF of Acuna, Inciarte, (Brantley) is pretttayyyy good.

Now, here's the other thing.

This rumor makes no sense. It is quite frankly shortening a window.

Cubs have issues. Russell poses a huge PR problem and will be hard to trade for comparable value. Bryant struggled last year with injuries that might not be fully mended. One of the guys on the Cubs I liked for the White Sox is Bote...can play 3rd and SS and has some pop. Guessing Bote might be counted on by Cubs to play a lot of innings next season, especially if they dangle Bryant (who I would be suspect of).

1 minute ago, Flash said:

Cubs have issues. Russell poses a huge PR problem and will be hard to trade for comparable value. Bryant struggled last year with injuries that might not be fully mended. One of the guys on the Cubs I liked for the White Sox is Bote...can play 3rd and SS and has some pop. Guessing Bote might be counted on by Cubs to play a lot of innings next season, especially if they dangle Bryant (who I would be suspect of).

Makes you wonder how fucked up his shoulder really is.

• Like 1