Cubs Open to Trading Kris Bryant

GGajewski18

6 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

If the Cubs feel he won't resign, aren't they still best served to ride out the next few seasons with him as a contender anyway? 

Sure, you can flip him for prospects, but the Cubs are very much in win now mode. I see very low chance a deal for him gets done. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

How about a framework built around Rodon and Moncada? Russell is gone right? Baez is their new SS.

Hard no from me.

Guys the Sox are far more likely to sign Machado and Harper than trade for Kris fucking Bryant.

I will pull a Jack Parkman and straight up say this is not even worth discussing.  Not at all.  The Sox didn't build their farm system to tear it down for 3 years of Kris Bryant.  Stop the nonsense.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ChiSox59 said:

Hard no from me.

Guys the Sox are far more likely to sign Machado and Harper than trade for Kris fucking Bryant.

I will pull a Jack Parkman and straight up say this is not even worth discussing.  Not at all.  The Sox didn't build their farm system to tear it down for 3 years of Kris Bryant.  Stop the nonsense.  

Yep makes far more sense for the Braves or Yankees

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

I don’t think cutting $12M to $13M in salary is enough to add a +$30M AAV guy.  All signs point to them having very little payroll flexibility right now.

What if they made teams take on Chatwood’s contract also or god forbid, Heyward

Why? WS have a huge hole at 3B and a future starter in Madrigal at 2B. Rodon hits FA same year as Bryant. Move the contention window forward if the WS are serious about contending in 2019 and signing someone like Harper. Of course, that also means they'd have another hole in the starting rotation to fill through FA or trade.

Bryant, Harper, Abreu, and Eloy in the middle of the lineup would be so much fun even if the pitching is atrocious. 

1 minute ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Why? WS have a huge hole at 3B and a future starter in Madrigal at 2B. Rodon hits FA same year as Bryant. Move the contention window forward if the WS are serious about contending in 2019 and signing someone like Harper. Of course, that also means they'd have another hole in the starting rotation to fill through FA or trade.

Bryant, Harper, Abreu, and Eloy in the middle of the lineup would be so much fun even if the pitching is atrocious. 

Yep I would do it also

1 hour ago, SoxAce said:

Makes you wonder how fucked up his shoulder really is.

This is literally the first thing that went through my head. If that is the case, I doubt he'd get much of a return in relation to a player of his caliber because he'd have trouble passing a physical, as crazy as that sounds. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

42 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I would take on Chatwood and Heywood to get Bryant if it meant not giving up anything of value to him.  I would do that in a heartbeat.

I don't think the Cubs would give up Bryant for nothing like that though, even if it meant shedding all that bad money.

Cubs aren't exactly hurting for cash.

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

I mean it sounds like they are.  Doesn’t mean would / should give you their best player to free up money.

What he said is being blown out of proportion. Bryant is not getting dealt. 

Theo Epstein, the head of baseball operations, was asked earlier this week at the GM meetings about the availability of Bryant and first baseman Anthony Rizzo in trades.

"We've never operated with untouchables," he said. "It sends the wrong message. Given what we're trying to accomplish, it would be virtually impossible to envision the deal that would make sense to move them. I just don't believe in untouchables. Why limit yourself?"

5 minutes ago, Quinarvy said:

Screw it, go all out.

Trade Anderson, Robert, Dunning and Medieros for Bryant.

Sign Corbin for $100M

Sign Machado for $300M

Sign Harper for $350M

Turn off MLB the Show

This has been bothering me for a while.

I feel like it's significantly harder to trade in video games than people give it credit for!